Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #9841
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Experimental Version Attached

2024-08-27
- New field in Chrome Simple cache?

Okay, it looks like Chrome 'simple' cache--on Mac at least--now has an extra field in the binary header. No idea what it is, but the fields we use are shifted over 4 bytes.

The attached version reads (and discards) the extra field. Plus a bunch of debug output.

The question is: is it just Mac, or all Chrome derived 'simple' cache using browsers? I know some Windows users end up with simple cache, but it's always 'block' cache on my computer.

So if some other people who use 'simple' can test it, that would help.

If you're running in debug mode, the output log will tell which cache version you're using. Search log for string Using. The options are "Using BlockfileCache", "Using FirefoxCache2", and "Using SimpleCache".

Last edited by JimmXinu; Yesterday at 08:46 PM.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #9842
booster-t
booster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it is

Device: iPad
Hmm ... no luck .. same error. Calibre 7.1.7 and plugin v4.37.2

Here's the log

Stephen
Attached Files
File Type: zip tmp3ebotnzk.txt.zip (5.7 KB, 5 views)
booster-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #9843
booster-t
booster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it isbooster-t knows what time it is

Hello again Jim

I thought I'd try Firefox to see if that made a difference. When I go about:cache, Firefox returns this file name: ~Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/whbmctbq.default-release-1721846696620/cache2

I guess that's a hidden file because when I got to the /Profiles folder, it's empty even though my Mac says it's taking 56mb.

The plugin responds by saying: Directory does not contain a known browser cache type: '/~Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/whbmctbq.default-release-1721846696620/cache2'

Sometimes I want to go back in time when things just worked <sigh>

Stephen
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #9844
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster-t View Post
Hmm ... no luck .. same error. Calibre 7.1.7 and plugin v4.37.2
I was going to ask if you were sure you installed the new zip, but I double checked and it looks like I uploaded the wrong one.

Attached is experimental version 4.37.3. Same as I thought I'd posted, plus a version bump to confirm it.

Quote:
The plugin responds by saying: Directory does not contain a known browser cache type: '/~Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/whbmctbq.default-release-1721846696620/cache2'
Firefox (my preferred browser, btw) browser cache uses different code, so it shouldn't have the same problems, at least.

I believe your problem is the leading '/' in '/~Library/...'. Should just be '~Library/...'
Attached Files
File Type: zip FanFicFare.zip (1.83 MB, 7 views)
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM   #9845
booster-t

Thank you ... that fixed the problem ... in the FWIW department, I *do* need the / before Library ... the tilde takes the place of Users/myname and it expects a / after that for the next bit of the long file name ... like:

Users/myname/Library/Caches/Google/Chrome/Default/Cache/Cache_Data

Stephen
PS: Here's the log file to conform that it worked :-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip tmpgywa_a6y.txt.zip (7.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by booster-t; Yesterday at 10:21 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #9846
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Thank you ... that fixed the problem ...
That's good.

Now the question is what happens for other people. Any volunteers? Any linux users maybe?

Quote:
in the FWIW department, I *do* need the / before Library ... the tilde takes the place of Users/myname and it expects a / after that for the next bit of the long file name ... like:
Correct. But the copy paste showed '/~Library', not '~/Library' -- I was typing faster than I was thinking when I said "just '~Library'".
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #9847
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That's good.

Now the question is what happens for other people. Any volunteers? Any linux users maybe?
Windows 10 + Vivaldi 6.8.3381.57, no errors when downloading a new fic from ffnet.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #9848
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Windows 10 + Vivaldi 6.8.3381.57, no errors when downloading a new fic from ffnet.
Thanks. Can you confirm in a debug log that your browser uses Simple cache?

The current change isn't really backward compatible -- if browser cache worked before and still works with this experimental version, odds are your browser uses the other cache code.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #9849
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm seeing entries for browsercache_blockfile, so maybe not so good a test
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #9850
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Yep, that's the other Chrome cache type. Thanks for trying anyway.
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #9851
Clem2605
Enthusiast
Clem2605 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Libra H2O, Boox Tab Ultra C
Hello!

I'm currently in the process of trying to use the 'replace metadata' function to it's full potential, but I have a small question:

Does the order in which FFF replaces the metadata matter for the conditional expressions? And if it does, what is the order?

If I use the expression, let's say:

Code:
 category=>Star Wars|The Mandalorian=>Star Wars
 character==Luke=>Luke Skywalker&&category=>Star Wars
And I have a fanfiction in which 'Luke' is a character with only 'The Mandalorian' as a category:
- Will it catch it because FFF processes the expressions in the order I've written them?
- Will it catch it because FFF processes the category metadata before processing the character ones?
- Will it never catch it because FFF processes the character's metadata before the category ones?
- Will it never catch it because FFF will only use the 'raw' category metadata for the comparisons?
Clem2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #9852
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem2605 View Post
Hello!

I'm currently in the process of trying to use the 'replace metadata' function to it's full potential, but I have a small question:

Does the order in which FFF replaces the metadata matter for the conditional expressions? And if it does, what is the order?
Yes. In the order they're listed. Keep in mind the section precedence if you put specific replaces under a specific site. Here's an example:

Code:
replace_metadata: 

category=>^(Mass Effect - Various Authors|Mass Effect: Paragon Lost|Mass Effect \d|Mass Effect - All Media Types)$=>Mass Effect
 category=>^Mass Effect$=>Mass Effect: Andromeda&&characters=~(Ryder|Jaal Ama Darav)
 category=>^Mass Effect$=>Mass Effect Trilogy&&characters=~(Garrus|Shepard|Oriana Lawson|Kaidan Alenko|Normandy Crew)
 category=>^Mass Effect$=>Mass Effect Trilogy&&publisher==FanFiction.net
Note that the first one combines several AO3 categories into a 'Mass Effect', which is also used by ffnet and older pre-Andromeda AO3 fics.

The next two then splits that 'Mass Effect' into Trilogy and Andromeda depending on characters.

The last one then has any ffnet fics fall back to Trilogy. However, most of the time, they've already been caught by the two character-conditionals replaces.

Your example should work as expected, I think.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 06:18 AM.
Old Today, 06:14 AM   #9853
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Note that include/exclude_metadatas also include _pre and _post variants, which determines whether they run before or after replaces are applied.

Tags
fanfiction