Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old Today, 10:06 AM   #16
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...370a483efbfdc6
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #17
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast
zoltan.navy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Now the log shows both a login failure early on and still SSL errors

Is your windows totally up to date?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Yes, my Windows has the latest updates. (Screenshot attached.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Win10.update.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	209278  
zoltan.navy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just for fun... Please see this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342078 and the linked "solution" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1139

If you're confident in removing the listed certificate could you try it?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:19 PM   #19
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn0wn View Post
Thanks for the updated recipe. This one fails, too. Have attached the log. There's something deeper around the certificate verification.

This drives me crazy as I absolutely want to read my subscribed newspaper on an e-ink device (instead of a screen). So maybe it's precocious but is there any alternative to get an epub generated automatically with one's subscription data? (I used to be a subscriber to The Nation: there, no need to use calibre since the weekly issue is sent automatically to one's Kindle inbox from a central server. No such option for Libération.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt liberation.fr_failed.recipe_03.txt (24.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by zoltan.navy; Today at 03:30 PM.
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #20
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Just for fun... Please see this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342078 and the linked "solution" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1139

Yes, I'll give it a try.
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #21
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:

This one has resolved the certificate verification issue. Have deleted that R3 thing and then calibre has finally downloaded the day's paper. Thank you very much!

However, the issue with the user data persists. Have entered my username and pass in the built-in recipe but still only get the free issue -- which, in this case means that articles reserved for subscribers are cut off in the second section.

How could I get the paid issue via calibre? Do I need a custom recipe for that?

Last edited by zoltan.navy; Today at 04:11 PM.
Old Today, 04:18 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm so happy that worked! Weird thing is I'd checked a Windows machine I had access to and while it had that R3 certificate the recipe worked perfectly!

Old Today, 05:48 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Unfortunately, I don't have enough knowledge to figure out how the login form works. Suffice it to say, I've tried and am unable to get the a form name / number for the login page.
Old Today, 06:35 PM   #24
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm so happy that worked! Weird thing is I'd checked a Windows machine I had access to and while it had that R3 certificate the recipe worked perfectly!

Weird, indeed. Not being a programmer, I'm amazed how this recipe-based dispatching of media content is complicated by so many hidden things. Of course, I'm happy to learn all this stuff but wonder if there are simpler ways to read press on an e-ink reader. Apparently, no.

Anyhow, you've helped a lot for which I'm grateful.
Old Today, 06:38 PM   #25
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't have enough knowledge to figure out how the login form works. Suffice it to say, I've tried and am unable to get the a form name / number for the login page.
Yeah, unkn0wn has offered help with this (see above), so hopefully we're going to see into the issue very soon.
Old Today, 06:44 PM   #26
zoltan.navy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn0wn View Post
if you are using windows, visit the webpage on edge browser to install certificates.

or you can add this code to the recipe.
Code:
def get_browser(self):
        return BasicNewsRecipe.get_browser(self, verify_ssl_certificates=False)
I thought you were missing paid articles. If you want paid articles to work send me details to test.
Hi, am ready to send you my login details. As you can see from the thread, the certificate verification error has been resolved thanks to Peter's idea. Now the recipe works but despite the fact that I've entered my login details correctly, it fails to fetch beyond free content.

I want to read my subscribed newspaper on my Kindle. Whether it's a built-in or a custom recipe, it doesn't matter -- if the issue still persists, I'll be pestering Kovid, no kidding.