Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #106
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pypeke View Post
I am not sure if I will de-drm the books. I thought different libraries could help me keep track of which books were bought from B&N and which from Amazon. Then using Calibre I would know which app to open to read a particular nook. (If I get a Boox and use Nook and Kindle apps.)
You're already going through all the work. I would highly recommend removing the DRM. What is the downside?

The upside is that you will still have access to books you paid for if, say, B&N decides to cut Nook or something along those lines happens.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:57 PM   #107
pypeke
Enthusiast
pypeke began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
ZodWallop, I have no idea what I have done since I do not have an eReader yet. All I know is that I could not open hundreds of books on Calibre. Then I added the correct plugin, and all but 14 books opened on Calibre. I deleted those 14 and added them back to Callibre and they can be opened now.

I assume that they are not ready to be put on an eReader yet. Maybe I can only read them on Calibre.

I wish I could find Calibre for Dummies! I am still having trouble with the basics like multiple authors for a boxed set and how to organize my books by genre. The ebook for help is not much help for basic stuff.
pypeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:44 PM   #108
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
ZodWallop, I have no idea what I have done since I do not have an eReader yet. All I know is that I could not open hundreds of books on Calibre. Then I added the correct plugin, and all but 14 books opened on Calibre. I deleted those 14 and added them back to Callibre and they can be opened now.

I assume that they are not ready to be put on an eReader yet. Maybe I can only read them on Calibre.

I wish I could find Calibre for Dummies! I am still having trouble with the basics like multiple authors for a boxed set and how to organize my books by genre. The ebook for help is not much help for basic stuff.
If you can read them in the calibre viewer, you can read them on any ereader that supports epub.

As to multiple authors: enter them in the author field as First Name Last Name & First Name Last Name & First Name Last Name (without any commas). The author_sort field should correctly autopopulate from that.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:24 PM   #109
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
It looks like you've "liberated" your Nook books and can now read them on any reader that supports ePubs (basically every reader except Kindles, and it's not hard to convert for Kindles). As Sirtel mentions, reading them in Calibre's viewer is the test and means you can read them anywhere.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote