Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:10 AM   #1
Pw23
Pw23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle scribe: can A glass screen protector cause pages to jump erratically?

So I've owned a Kindle scribe for almost 2 months now and I had to return the first one as when I change page, 25% of the time it would jump by 10 to 20 pages either way, which meant I'd have to fiddle around trying to find the Part Which is very irritating

So After a few weeks I contacted Amazon and they replaced it under warranty but the new one is still doing similar action Sporadically so I'm starting to think maybe The tempered glass screen protector that I have on it could be the Reason

Does anyone think this could be the cause?
Does anyone experience similar jumping of pages when they have a screen protector on?

I know I can just take it off and test it But don't want to if it won't make a difference

Last edited by Pw23; Yesterday at 05:25 AM.
Pw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #2
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
I remember from your previous post that this indeed seemed like an isolated issue on your side; if your new device does the same thing as the previous one, then your assumption that this is caused by the screen protector could very well be correct. Then again, I do not use a screen protector so I cannot confirm this.

At any rate it does somewhat sound like a similar effect to touching a phone screen with wet fingers, where the device can register those touches in random ways (although I was not able to reproduce this on my Scribe). Perhaps the corrugated, paper-like surface of the Scribe does not lend itself well to being covered by a flat glass panel?
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:30 AM   #3
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
The Scribe surface should act like paper. A screen protector is unnecessary. And yes, it can cause this problems.

For many many years I use readers from Sony, Kobo and Amazon. Never a reader had problems with the unprotected screen. They all had or have a case/sleeve for transportation, that's enough for their safety.

Additionally I have a reMarkable 2, also with an unprotected screen (but with a Folio sleeve). I use two different pens, an original reMarkable pen and another from Lamy. The screen looks clean as at the beginning.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote