Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 05:41 AM   #1
Inglorin
Inglorin began at the beginning.

Device: PC
TAB key changed

After the most recent update I have a problem with the TAB key. Whenever I edit a book in my library I used to use TAB to jump into the next field and automatically was able to edit that one as well. Now TAB only leaves the current field but does not enter the next field. Could this please be changed back or am I doing something wrong (having overlooked a setting)?
Inglorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There weren't any changes to tab key handling in calibre, it might have changed in Qt however. In any case, the actually supported way of doing this is press enter to finish editing the cell then up or right key to go to the next cell and then F2 to edit it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:07 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorin View Post
After the most recent update I have a problem with the TAB key. Whenever I edit a book in my library I used to use TAB to jump into the next field and automatically was able to edit that one as well. Now TAB only leaves the current field but does not enter the next field. Could this please be changed back or am I doing something wrong (having overlooked a setting)?
No… same thing happened here. I've been using F2 Edit cell, Tab Edit cell, Tab Edit cell, Tab Edit cell, Enter to exit for well over a decade.

Because I couldn't see any commits that might have caused the change in behaviour I assumed it was due to the new version of Qt. So, I shrugged and reverted to 7.16.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 06:15 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:25 AM   #4
Inglorin
Inglorin began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
No… same thing happened here. I've been using F2 Edit cell, Tab Edit cell, Tab Edit cell, Tab Edit cell, Enter to exit for well over a decade.

Because I couldn't see any commits that might have caused the change in behaviour I assumed it was due to the new version of Qt. So, I shrugged and reverted to 7.16.
That's a shame. This seems to be the way to go for me, too, then. Is there any chance, that TAB handling could be changed in the future, so that it works with the new QT?
Inglorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:45 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorin View Post
That's a shame. This seems to be the way to go for me, too, then. Is there any chance, that TAB handling could be changed in the future, so that it works with the new QT?
Only Kovid can answer that.

There aren't many users who edit metadata in the booklist as if it were a spreadsheet, indeed we maybe the only shags on that particular rock.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Only Kovid can answer that.

There aren't many users who edit metadata in the booklist as if it were a spreadsheet, indeed we maybe the only shags on that particular rock.

BR
Huh! I have been using Tab to move between fields on many app, for DECADES.
In the MDE Fill in Series Tab Tab index (3 Tabs for a Custom Series column)
But I also do a 1 off, multi change in the grid.

Gotta love these keepers of building blocks, OS changing stuff that has been there for years, without a care (that does not say a Security hole should not be patched).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote