Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 04:59 PM   #121
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief View Post
It could be but the old kindles don't handle the new drm so they would bother many more users than a few that know about drm stuff (even a lot of user that are just using old kindle devices).
Also personally speaking I prefer to risk that they correct the drm in books where it shouldn't be there rather than risk that they never do it simply because no one goes to ask. The risk that they will tighten DRM on Download & Transfer is there even if nobody ask anything (they did tighten DRM on Kindle PC app even without anybody asking).
Anyway, mine was a suggestion, obviously everyone will choose what to do. On my side I have already reported and I hope that at least that problem will be fixed, even if it is not in their interest to do so.
In a few months, if the DRM is still there, I will remove my book from Amazon (I make a really low amount anyway, and I published it on itch so it's there for those who want to buy it).
Please leave Amazon alone and stop calling to get things fixed that we don't want fixed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #122
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I do not foresee Amazon doing away with Download & Transfer by USB any time soon. My reasoning on this is that Amazon has a contractual obligation to provide drm free downloads to several publishers plus all the independent authors who clicked that little drm free box when they uploaded ebooks.

Now IMHO they have violated that obligation with putting kfx drm on all Kindle4PC downloads, but that is just my opinion.

I can see Amazon start using KFX for Download & Transfer by USB that do use drm.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
I had the same thought. Drawing attention to the fact that Download & Transfer provides some books DRM-free seems more likely to cause Amazon to tighten DRM on Download & Transfer, not loosen DRM on Kindle for PC. It may even hasten the day that Amazon decides to shut Download & Transfer down.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:22 PM   #123
Lief
Enthusiast
Lief began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please leave Amazon alone and stop calling to get things fixed that we don't want fixed.
I want them to fix the added drm on Kindle PC app.
I published a book with them that should be drm-free.
Lief is online now   Reply With Quote