Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old Today, 10:59 AM   #1
rhyme
rhyme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Content Server and Multiple Users

I have created users with the same username and password on both Windows 10 and Mac using the content server. However, when I add a highlight on Windows 10, I notice that the highlight appears in both the local user and content server user in the annotations browser. Meanwhile, on Mac, the annotations of the local user and the content server user are completely independent.

I would like to know which behavior is normal and which one is a bug?

and in addition, How can I delete unnecessary users?

When I delete a user in Preferences, the multiple users in the annotations browser are not deleted. I deleted the unnecessary annotations in the annotations browser, but those users without any annotations were not deleted either.

I can only try to delete the books directly. That works, but it's not an ideal solution considering some books have many annotations.

I also want to know how to share annotations between multiple users.

I use the content server at home for some mobile devices. I created users for the content server, but I seem unable to read the annotations I made on the desktop device. I tried turning off username and password access, but I ended up with an anonymous user, and nothing changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Presumably on windows you have configured the calibre viewer to sync with your user account and forgotten to do that on macOS. You can do so in the viewer settings under Miscellaneous
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:27 PM   #3
rhyme
rhyme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Presumably on windows you have configured the calibre viewer to sync with your user account and forgotten to do that on macOS. You can do so in the viewer settings under Miscellaneous
Thank you
rhyme is offline   Reply With Quote