Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #46
foosion
Addict
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
In the css, I use...

Code:
s {
  text-decoration: line-through;
  text-decoration-color: black;
}

<s>Some strikethrough text</s>
and on the couple of occasions I have had to use it, I have had no problem seeing the strikethrough in my Libra2.

Probably depends on the size of the font you have set, and which font you are using.
Alas, your CSS renders the same barely visible line as <span class="strike"> in this text.

It's meant to strike through bold italic normal sized text. I'm using Merrirweather font at 54 on my kobo. Everything else looks fine. The file is Kepub if that matters.

EDIT: Perhaps it's the Merriweather font?

EDIT 2: I uploaded the book to Google Play Books. On my phone, strikethrough is very visible with Merriweather font, so it doesn't seem to be the font itself, just how Kobo renders it

Maybe something about kepub?

Last edited by foosion; Yesterday at 09:59 PM.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sadly, this appears to be an artifact of using kepub. See sample images from an ePub and the same ePub converted to kepub using 3 different fonts and the following code for the strike class.

Code:
.strike {
  text-decoration-thickness: 2px;
}
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	20
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	210372   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	17
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	210373  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Strikethrough.epub (2.09 MB, 6 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:08 AM   #48
repilo
Connoisseur
repilo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I don't know if I have the solution but the case is similar to the one I had with the ToC, which looked light grey and I wanted it to be black. I found a solution but I don't know enough to understand it. Instead of applying ‘colour:black’, using ‘-webkit-text-fill-color:inherit’ the ToC text looks black (I use epub edited with Sigil and convert it to kepub with Calibre).
repilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:09 AM   #49
foosion
Addict
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repilo View Post
I don't know if I have the solution but the case is similar to the one I had with the ToC, which looked light grey and I wanted it to be black. I found a solution but I don't know enough to understand it. Instead of applying ‘colour:black’, using ‘-webkit-text-fill-color:inherit’ the ToC text looks black (I use epub edited with Sigil and convert it to kepub with Calibre).
Do you mean:

Code:
.strike {
  -webkit-text-fill-color:inherit;
}
If so, that didn't work.

Neither did text-decoration-webkit-text-fill-color:inherit
Old Today, 05:19 AM   #50
foosion
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Sadly, this appears to be an artifact of using kepub. See sample images from an ePub and the same ePub converted to kepub using 3 different fonts and the following code for the strike class.

Code:
.strike {
}
Sad