Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 05:27 AM   #1096
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That release predates the new devices. http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #1097
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NZ View Post
Hi there,

I am completely new to Kobo (Libre 2) but am trying to install the KOReader via my W11 PC using the installer at the beginning of this thread. I downloaded the 2024 KO Reader zip plus the installer file, unblocked the script and ran it with PowerShell, I saw the command prompt window open and immediately close and absolutely nothing else happened. My Kobo was connected at drive E at the time. Any suggestions?
I would suggest opening a Powershell window and then running the script from there so you can see the results. You did place the install.ps1 script and the .zip file in the same directory? You will need to use .\install.ps1 to execute the script from the Powershell window.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #1098
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by raildot View Post
After deciding I might try installing them individually I discovered that Plato's GitHub had a new release last week with "support for Kobo Clara BW". Unfortunately the download it is not packaged in a way I can try it on my Kobo. Is it possible to update the zip file on this thread for Plato to reflect the new update?
  1. download install.ps1 following the instructions to unblock it
  2. download OCP-Plato-0.9.42_KOReader-v2024.04.zip and place it in the same directory as install.ps1. Do not unzip the archive.
  3. open a Powershell window in that directory and run ./install.ps1
  4. if all goes well, continue to update Plato and KOReader
  5. download Plato-0.9.43.zip.
  6. open it with a zip file utility.
  7. copy the contents of the .zip file to the /.adds/plato directory on your Kobo.
  8. download the latest KOReader nightly.
  9. open it with a zip file utility
  10. copy the contents of the .zip file to the /.adds/koreader directory on your Kobo.

All the heavy lifting should have been done by the install script.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 01:00 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato