Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-26-2024, 02:33 PM   #226
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you for all the information. The new plugin has solved the certificate issue and the token I've been able to get it, so I have it working again for the interesting part for me (holds).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 05:58 PM   #227
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you for all the information. The new plugin has solved the certificate issue and the token I've been able to get it, so I have it working again for the interesting part for me (holds).
Since the new plugin is working, can it please be put in the first post?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 06:42 PM   #228
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since the new plugin is working, can it please be put in the first post?
I'd suggest that before that happens, someone needs to update the internal version number to reflect the changes... Currently it still reads 1.9
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 06:57 PM   #229
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I modified the .zip file for the plugin downloaded from sgmoore's link to report the version number as 0.1.9.1 to distinguish it from 0.1.9
Attached Files
File Type: zip overdrive-libby-plugin-v0.1.9a.zip (132.5 KB, 27 views)
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 10:56 PM   #230
danamr
danamr began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsinore View Post
Unfortunately I installed from Calibre. I don't understand the Plugin Universe, especially in this case. One that doesn't work.

I'm sorry I'm so frustrated. I got a new Kobo and spent almost two weeks trying to get it to work with Calibre. Returned it the other day. So, just use my tablet, which has been working just fine, but let's step that up. No.

I'm way beyond my geek years where I gleefully spend hours, days, weeks trying to get things tweaked. Now? Looking for stuff that works out of the box. Turns out, that's harder to find than you'd think!

Thanks for the explanation(s)!
@74 I'm don't have the patience to screw around trying to get stuff working.
A thought. Have you tried the Libby app for library books on your tablet? It works fine on iPadOS, MacOS and AndroidOS.
danamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2024, 10:29 AM   #231
foosion
Addict
foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm glad to see someone agrees with me that the plugin continues to be useful. Search/hold/borrow works nicely for the moment and is easier for me than using libby. When the book is available I download the acsm file with libby, double click and the book shows up in Calibre. Not as convenient as before, but still better for me than the alternatives.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2024, 06:27 PM   #232
Ellsinore
Ellsinore began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamr View Post
@74 I'm don't have the patience to screw around trying to get stuff working.
A thought. Have you tried the Libby app for library books on your tablet? It works fine on iPadOS, MacOS and AndroidOS.
Hi!

You've got me beat, but I'm right behind you. :-D

I already use Libby on my phone, tablet and PC. I also have a huge eBook library, as well a "real" books.

I really, really wanted to get a handle on organizing and Calibre is the #1 recommendation from Google results. My struggle with this plugin is only the latest frustration. I'm not sure when I first installed Calibre, but it was a long, LONG time ago. And it keeps getting put back on the shelf. Or uninstalled.

It just seems anything that sounds neet and I want to customize, it's a rabbit trail. I'm getting notifications from this thread and was so excited to see the plugin was updated! But NO. Still won't work. Can only get a pass key, not a set up code. Someone else mentioned this, but I didn't see any responses to it. I DO see lots of people who are happy with the update, though! :-D

And I'm happy FOR them!
Ellsinore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #233
foosion
Addict
foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.foosion is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Now nothing is working. The error message includes "error_response='{"result":"missing_chip"}" which was not there previously.

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 7.19.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ClientForbiddenError</b>: Error synchronizing data<p>HTTP Error 403: Forbidden</p>

calibre 7.19  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Action Chains (1, 20, 7) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 11) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 17, 1) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 4) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Reading List (1, 15, 4) && SmartEject (2, 5, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 520, in send_request
  File "urllib\request.py", line 525, in open
  File "urllib\request.py", line 634, in http_response
  File "urllib\request.py", line 563, in error
  File "urllib\request.py", line 496, in _call_chain
  File "urllib\request.py", line 643, in http_error_default
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.workers", line 381, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 633, in sync
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 540, in send_request
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors", line 143, in process
calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.ClientForbiddenError: <calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.ClientForbiddenError; http_status=403, msg='HTTP Error 403: Forbidden', error_response='{"result":"missing_chip"}''>
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #234
miss_p1nky
Connoisseur
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
Now nothing is working. The error message includes "error_response='{"result":"missing_chip"}" which was not there previously.

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 7.19.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ClientForbiddenError</b>: Error synchronizing data<p>HTTP Error 403: Forbidden</p>

Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Action Chains (1, 20, 7) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 11) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 17, 1) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 4) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Reading List (1, 15, 4) && SmartEject (2, 5, 1)

calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.ClientForbiddenError: <calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.ClientForbiddenError; http_status=403, msg='HTTP Error 403: Forbidden', error_response='{"result":"missing_chip"}''>
+1, mine won't sync.

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 7.19.0

miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote