Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #1
wildchild1954
Connoisseur
wildchild1954 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510
Angry Why won't title sort use alphabetic?

I have a downloaded base of fanfiction stories that seems to drive Calibre's
Title Sort crazy. Say the stories title is The Boon. Title will always show it as The Boon but the Title Sort will always show it as Boon, The. I have set every Sort tweak that I can find to sort by Alphabetic instead of Library but nothing seems to work.

When I'm looking for a particular story in a base of 454 books it's a real b***h trying to find something that isn't under the title I saved it as!!

Can anyone please tell me how to force this to sort Title Sort by alphabetic sort instead of Library sort?!!!
wildchild1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved from the calibre companion forum to the calibre forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:24 AM   #3
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
The way I did this (and as far as I know it is the only way) is to set the Sort Title on all the books to be the same as the title.

To do this, you go to Preferences, Tweaks and search for title_series_sorting and change it to

Quote:
title_series_sorting = 'strictly_alphabetic'
This will become the default for new books, but you need to update all your existing books, i.e. Make sure you don't have any filters applied, Press Ctrl-A to select them all, goto Edit MetaData / Edit Metadata in Bulk and tick the checkbox called 'Update Title Sort' and hit apply.
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:25 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild1954 View Post
Can anyone please tell me how to force this to sort Title Sort by alphabetic sort instead of Library sort?!!!
Setting the tweak 'title_series_sorting' to 'strictly_alphabetic' should do the trick. It's even given as an example in the file itself.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote