Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old Today, 03:40 AM   #1
Jamshid
Jamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony PRS-T3
A practical guide for reading pdf on kindle and other e-ink devices

Hi friends
I have written a illustrated and practical guide for reading different kinds of pdfs on ereaders. I have used existing software like Briss, K2pdfopt, ScanTailor Advanced and ....
By understanding this guide you can read almost all kinds of pdfs on your e-ink reader. You will also get a close-to-print reading experience.
This guide is freely available at my blog:
https://pdfonkindle.wordpress.com
Your feedback is welcomed.
Jamshid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
A practical guide is don't use PDF unless the eInk device is 10.3" or larger.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:57 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamshid View Post
Hi friends
I have written a illustrated and practical guide for reading different kinds of pdfs on ereaders. I have used existing software like Briss, K2pdfopt, ScanTailor Advanced and ....
By understanding this guide you can read almost all kinds of pdfs on your e-ink reader. You will also get a close-to-print reading experience.
This guide is freely available at my blog:
https://pdfonkindle.wordpress.com
Your feedback is welcomed.
One problem is that we have to download the guide instead of being able to read it on your site. Sure an option to download is good. But it should not be mandatory.
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #4
Jamshid
Jamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJamshid makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A practical guide is don't use PDF unless the eInk device is 10.3" or larger.
Large e-ink devices are not available for everyone and don't have portability and small weight of 6" readers.
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #5
Jamshid

Quote:
One problem is that we have to download the guide instead of being able to read it on your site. Sure an option to download is good. But it should not be mandatory.
You're right, but if I wanted to write on a blog, I would have to post several posts and I didn't want people to have trouble reading the entire tutorial.
Old Today, 11:29 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
You're right, but if I wanted to write on a blog, I would have to post several posts and I didn't want people to have trouble reading the entire tutorial.
Given them the option of reading the tutorial online or download it.
Old Today, 11:30 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Large e-ink devices are not available for everyone and don't have portability and small weight of 6" readers.
Most PDF are useless with a 6" screen. That's why I said you really need a large eInk screen for PDF to be of any use.
Old Today, 11:43 AM   #8
Jamshid

Quote:
Most PDF are useless with a 6" screen. That's why I said you really need a large eInk screen for PDF to be of any use.
If your goal is only reading and not note taking and anything else, this guide helps you read even A4-sized pdfs on 6" devices.
Old Today, 11:46 AM   #9
Jamshid

Quote:
I'll do that in a few days.
I live in a rural area and my internet connection is not fast and stable.
Unread Today, 01:18 PM   #10
Jamshid

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion.
Updated my blog and now there's an online version of the tutorial too.
pdfonkindle.wordpress.com