Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Today, 11:37 AM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by philja View Post
Over the years, I've never seen this with any other application. Would you think it's a Qt problem?
It's probably Qt. But it sounds like it may be a case of the newer version of Qt testing the limits of your video hardware/driver (especially since it worked ok previously) on Windows. As mentioned earlier in this thread, try disabling webengine's hardware acceleration in Sigil's preferences (on Windows).

Last edited by DiapDealer; Today at 11:56 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #62
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
And nothing changed in that regard. To use BookBrowser to open a CodeView Tab always required a double click otherwise there is no way to select sets of files in BookBrowser for Find and Replace, renaming, specifying which are selected to pass to the Plugins, etc.
Well, in my linux box with Sigil 2.2.1, a single click in Book Browser opens that file in a new tab in the code view.

And I had often noticed that I could not select multiple files in the Book Browser for renaming but I just ignored that inconvenience and never thought more about it.
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #63
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's probably Qt. But it sounds like it may be a case of the newer version of Qt testing the limits of your video hardware/driver (especially since it worked ok previously) on Windows. As mentioned earlier in this thread, try disabling webengine's hardware acceleration in Sigil's preferences (on Windows).
You could also try creating (on Windows) an environment variable called QT_OPENGL and setting it's value to "software" (no quotes needed when setting).
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #64
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It looks like you're correct, DiapDealer. I disabled the hardware acceleration and that helped - it removed the problem. But then I thought I'd check the drivers for any updates and I found a recent update for my Nvidia Geforce card which I downloaded and installed. After reboot and restarting Sigil with the hardware acceleration enabled again, the problem has gone away.

Looks like the driver update fixed it.
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 PM   #65
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Good deal. Happy to hear it!

When dealing with visual issues/artifacts in Qt programs, I've found that updating video drivers (where possible) is always a good first step.