Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #916
hexhexhex
hexhexhex began at the beginning.

Device: KT5 kindle
So I just got a used PW3 with the intention of jailbreaking it. It is currently on a pretty ancient FW 5.8.9.

I'm assuming it's totally safe to update to 5.16.2.1.1 and still use this JB; correct?

I'd like to have the most up-to-date FW possible before jailbreaking.
hexhexhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #917
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexhexhex View Post
So I just got a used PW3 with the intention of jailbreaking it. It is currently on a pretty ancient FW 5.8.9.

I'm assuming it's totally safe to update to 5.16.2.1.1 and still use this JB; correct?

I'd like to have the most up-to-date FW possible before jailbreaking.
Jailbreak using the easiest jailbreak (kindle break?) Then update jailbreak will persist
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak