Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 03:20 AM   #1
grapenose
grapenose began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo N613
Using DB Browser

I have been trying to access my Kobo Glo N613.
Have tried installing new firmware but visiting Kobo Desktop and having it upgraded results in losing access. A factory reset gets it functioning again but if I log on again I get the same result, a jagged black line down the middle of the screen and nothing works.
I would like to try editing the KoboReader.sqlite file to get over the need to register. Trying to edit this file as suggested in other posts dose not work for me.
I have installed DB Browser and this seems a better way to edit the file but as yet I have been unable to avoid the registering requirement.
Has anyone used this method to edit the file and can give me instructions on how to proceed.
Thanks
grapenose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:32 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you register using a dummy email address (Kobo does not seem to do any validation on the email address other than looking like an email address (plotski09@somewheres.net for instance), does your Glo then work? That will at least let you know if the attempt to fake register is your issue or if your Glo has other problems.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:12 PM   #3
grapenose
grapenose began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo N613
Tried two emails and both failed.
Beginning to think that it is a problem with the Glo.
Did manage to get it working once, but the display was corrupted with bands across the screen and impossible to make anything work with finger touch.
Think its time to recycle but will keep the new battery.
Thanks for your help.
grapenose is online now   Reply With Quote