Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-28-2024, 09:14 PM   #1516
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine T View Post
Occasionally, the Tables of Contents get screwed up. Mostly I sigh and put up with it, because the document isn't very long. Today I updated a book that had seventeen chapters, converted to KFX and put it on my paperwhite. The ToC showed chapters 3 and 9. The log from the calibre job doesn't show a problem at least not as far as I can tell - pasted below at the end of this post.
Yes, the log does not show anying significant.

Quote:
ANy ideas on what and where to tweak to stop it?
My only suggestion is to PM me a link to someplace that I can download the original file that you are converting to KFX so that I can convert it to KFX myself and see what might be going wrong.

Quote:
I don't seem able to edit the kfx files in calibre to fix the ToC that way, either. Unless I've missed something, which is always possible.
There is no way to edit KFX format.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #1517
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
I have searched for other reports of this, but haven't found any. So... I use Calibre & fanfiction downloader a lot to get fanfictions and other stuff onto my kindle (paperwhite, if it matters). And the KFX Output plugin to get them into the proper format for my kindle.

Occasionally, the Tables of Contents get screwed up. Mostly I sigh and put up with it, because the document isn't very long. Today I updated a book that had seventeen chapters, converted to KFX and put it on my paperwhite. The ToC showed chapters 3 and 9. The log from the calibre job doesn't show a problem at least not as far as I can tell - pasted below at the end of this post.
I could just go back to using an AZW3 for this one - it works, I tried it. But I'd really rather have KFX, as that format does behave better on my device. ANy ideas on what and where to tweak to stop it? I don't seem able to edit the kfx files in calibre to fix the ToC that way, either. Unless I've missed something, which is always possible.

Note: a couple hours ago I check the problem file in kindle previewer and it displayed, as it does on my device, with just the two chapters showing. I closed and deleted the kfx file. I just tried converting the epub to KFX again, it, to get a screenshot, and this time the previewer complained that the file extension was incorrect. It's .kfx. I haven't done anything that should have caused that - I left the computer alone before coming back to post this plea for help. So, what may be going on there?

Suggestions for either problem are welcome! Thanks
I would open the ePub with calibre Edit and check for problems. You can also see what the ToC looks like there and edit it as needed, before conversion.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM   #1518
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I would open the ePub with calibre Edit and check for problems. You can also see what the ToC looks like there and edit it as needed, before conversion.
That is a good point. I assumed that the table of contents was verified as being correct in the source file before conversion.

The conversion process is very picky about the table of contents entries being in the same order as the contents of the book.

Last edited by jhowell; Yesterday at 07:29 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #1519
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You can add the TOC tool to the Menubar. This appears to be the same as in the editor, just that is all it does.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine