Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #1996
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
This isn’t a V&R, more of a moan.

Within a few days of each other, two of my favorite devices, my Fitbit Zip and my waterproof Aerb MP3 player, died. They owed me nothing. Both were acquired in 2014 and were minimalist, to say the least. Spare, elegant, no bells and whistles, they did exactly what I needed them to do and no more. They were perfect and I loved them.

As an aside, I can’t help wondering if this was a message from the universe not to exercise. I admit I jumped on the Fitbit demise as an excuse to stop walking in the brutal weather we’ve been having, but this is not a good thing. So much for my years-long step streak! I did pull the trigger on a replacement MP3 player; summer is short. I figure I’ll wait until the weather cools off and then look for a cheap pedometer. I have no interest in a wearable device or monitoring anything but step count.

RIP, little buddies! Thanks for all the good times.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote