Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-27-2024, 05:14 AM   #2866
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Wishlisted the first one!
I hope you enjoy it when you get to reading.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2024, 06:40 AM   #2867
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hope you enjoy it when you get to reading.
I've never read one, but I just threw it on the list.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2024, 01:57 PM   #2868
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Maybe in the Faraway Tree or sequel... checks Calibre FTS. There are more Googles than I thought. Not read some of these yet.

Google Buns: Magic Faraway Tree & The Folk of the Faraway Tree

Google (a man): Circus Days Again

Google (as nonsense) Boys’ and Girls’ Circus Book

Witch Google: The Holiday Book
(Old enough) US readers might remember Barney Google.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney...d_Snuffy_Smith
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #2869
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
If there is no other author on the cover, Patterson wrote the book himself.
There really is no way to know for sure if this is true. I suspect it is, because the quality of the Alex Cross series has dropped dramatically in the later books, while other "Patterson" books that are almost completely written by somebody else haven't dropped off as much.

I do have several examples of books in my library with a single author on the cover, even though they are collaborations. Some of the books state this explicitly in the acknowledgements, but some might merely give "thanks" to the collaborator.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #2870
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
A number of series I was reading had the last books finished by someone (not on cover), when the Author became too ill (or dead).
Not all have a plan in place: The Alphabet ends in 'Y'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:44 PM   #2871
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
(Old enough) US readers might remember Barney Google.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney...d_Snuffy_Smith
I don't think there is anyone alive who was around when Barny Google was created.
Old Today, 01:45 PM   #2872
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
There really is no way to know for sure if this is true. I suspect it is, because the quality of the Alex Cross series has dropped dramatically in the later books, while other "Patterson" books that are almost completely written by somebody else haven't dropped off as much.

I do have several examples of books in my library with a single author on the cover, even though they are collaborations. Some of the books state this explicitly in the acknowledgements, but some might merely give "thanks" to the collaborator.
But in the case of James Patterson, the collaborator is on the cover or he wrote the book himself.
Old Today, 01:48 PM   #2873
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
A number of series I was reading had the last books finished by someone (not on cover), when the Author became too ill (or dead).
Not all have a plan in place: The Alphabet ends in 'Y'
The most notable instance of this is Brandon Sanderson finishing Wheel of Time for Robert Jordan.

And then there are not authors continuing a series when the author has passed on. Hercule Piorot, Spencer, Jason Bounre, and Jack Ryan are some series that come to mind.

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 01:50 PM.
Old Today, 02:03 PM   #2874
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I don't think there is anyone alive who was around when Barny Google was created.
So what? I didn't write anything about being around when the character was created.

And anyway there are people still alive that were born before 1919.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote