Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 01:21 AM   #1
ernand
ernand began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Ways to sort titles via Alphanumeric instead of Lexicographical?

The way I currently know how calibre sort tiles are via lexicographical order, where it takes the first digit to organize it regardless of the number of digits that number has. [1, 10, 11, 2, 20, 3]

I was hoping there was a way to tweak or maybe a new feature to add where the titles could be sorted via alphanumeric order. [1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 20]

Is just that I like sorting my books by title, and the current sorting method makes it awkward to browse when there are more than 9 instances in a series.
Yes, I know I could sort it by series, and I have that column ready, the problem is that some books have no series, and that causes the entire library to place those in a different group from those with series.

Another method would be, if possible, to when click on the title header, would automatically set the rolls following the series header.
ernand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:58 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernand View Post
The way I currently know how calibre sort tiles are via lexicographical order, where it takes the first digit to organize it regardless of the number of digits that number has. [1, 10, 11, 2, 20, 3]

<snip>
I think you want this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-10 155039.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	210077

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alphanumeric, feature suggestion, help calibre, sort title, sorting