Notices

Old 06-14-2024, 04:26 AM   #1
LJBrown
LJBrown began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Gen 5
French Newspaper Liberation Recipe only contents page

Hello,

Big fan of Calibre, over many years.

I would like to know if it is possible to remedy the problem with the download of the News source, Libération.

I have a user login and subscription, but the downloaded content is only the front page and the contents links.

By reading some of the other posts, this would be a broken recipe? However, while I have tried to add a new recipe, this didn't seem to help very much (it didn't work, at any rate).

Any help would be appreciated.

This is the news source : https://www.liberation.fr/

Have a nice day.

Luke
LJBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 05:31 AM   #2
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
pm me your login details.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2024, 04:53 PM   #3
Aimylios
Aimylios began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 3HD
I've updated the recipe to restore basic functionality. Paid articles are still not available, though. I'll leave that for someone else to fix.
Aimylios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 05:04 AM   #4
LJBrown

Hello Aimylios,

Thank you for taking the time. I'll take a look and see how it reacts.

Have a nice day,

Luke
Old 06-24-2024, 05:23 AM   #5
LJBrown

Hello Aimylios,

Just checked, and it seems to be working much better! Thank you very much!

Luke
Old 06-26-2024, 05:36 PM   #6
zoltan.navy
zoltan.navy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Hello,

Have the same problem. Have an account with liberation.fr but the built-in recipe doesn't work -- with or without my user data.

Have attached the error message.

Of course I want the recipe to work with my user data. I want to have this newspaper sent to my Kindle on a daily basis. Having the access to the web content is not good enough because for that I would have to be online.

Any help?

Zoltan
Attached Files
File Type: txt liberation.fr_failed.recipe.txt (23.2 KB, 4 views)
zoltan.navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM   #7
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
pm me your login details, i'll try.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #8
zoltan.navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn0wn View Post
pm me your login details, i'll try.
I will send my login details but after we get the recipe to work. That's the problem to begin with -- not that my login details are rejected. I have no idea whether or not they are since the recipe fails to work even in the "no subscription" mode.

When the recipe works again and there's an issue with my login, I'll be happy to share its details.
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Looking through the log it's full of ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1006) messages, which implies an issue with SSL certificates.

I just tried and had no issues with it. Manually accessing the https://www.liberation.fr/arc/outbou...outputType=xml page showed no ceritifcate errors, and the certificate is valid from
Code:
 Issued On	Monday 22 April 2024 at 01:40:42
Expires On	Sunday 21 July 2024 at 01:40:41
This is with calibre 7.12 on a Chromebook
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #10
zoltan.navy

To Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Looking through the log it's full of ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1006) messages, which implies an issue with SSL certificates.

I just tried and had no issues with it. Manually accessing the https://www.liberation.fr/arc/outbou...outputType=xml page showed no ceritifcate errors, and the certificate is valid from
Code:
 Issued On	Monday 22 April 2024 at 01:40:42
Expires On	Sunday 21 July 2024 at 01:40:41
This is with calibre 7.12 on a Chromebook

Thanks, Peter, that's one step closer. I'm not getting certification errors either when accessing the page directly. What could be done to get rid of the cert error the one gets when using calibre?
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Could you describe your setup.. what o/s, what browser (and version), what version of Calibre? What browser have you used to address the liberation web site?

In looking back through your posts you've had other issues related to certificates.. Did any of them get resolved?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote