Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-17-2024, 06:36 PM   #2836
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How many of those beach reads are romance novels?
Seems to be a mix.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 01:28 AM   #2837
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
"Beach" is a verb in the Barbie film, maybe that's their inspiration
or they've fired too many people and replaced them with a garbage text generator (so called "AI")
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #2838
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just came across an AI-generated book cover.

Honestly I'm surprised I haven't seen one before... at least not one that's got that explicit artificial look.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Yesterday at 07:25 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #2839
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Click image for larger version

Name:	atrocity.png
Views:	47
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	209735

The flowers floating off into space, the wonky-looking legs (at least they don't have any extra ones)...oh yeah and that screwed-up bench. It's not even good AI art, lol.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #2840
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Attachment 209735

The flowers floating off into space, the wonky-looking legs (at least they don't have any extra ones)...oh yeah and that screwed-up bench. It's not even good AI art, lol.
That cover really screams...DON'T BUY THIS BOOK!

Last edited by JSWolf; Yesterday at 08:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #2841
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That cover really screams...DON@T BUY THIS BOOK!
Don't worry, I won't!
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #2842
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hmm. I actually like the cover. Not that it makes me buy the book, not my genre. But the cover is kinda cute, IMO. Even if it's obviously artificial.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #2843
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hmm. I actually like the cover. Not that it makes me buy the book, not my genre. But the cover is kinda cute, IMO. Even if it's obviously artificial.
It's cute in an Exorcist pea-soup kind of way.
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #2844
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
A lot of cozy mysteries have that style of cover, but actually made by artists who know what they're doing.
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM   #2845
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
A lot of cozy mysteries have that style of cover, but actually made by artists who know what they're doing.
Yes, I've seen lots of them when browsing, but most of them don't evoke this "awww" feeling in me. Dunno, maybe I just have bad taste.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:43 AM   #2846
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yes, I've seen lots of them when browsing, but most of them don't evoke this "awww" feeling in me. Dunno, maybe I just have bad taste.
I too get an awww feeling with this cover.

Awww no, not another really poorly deigned cover.