Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 10:37 AM   #1
DiveMaster
DiveMaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT4
Is jailbreak pointless this days? Librariansync not working

Hey,

I jailbroken my PW5 as soon as jailbreak dropped (around 2 years ago) to use tweaks like librariansync or screensaverhack as these two were my biggest pain in the ass. I was really disappointed to see that none of them works and 99% of tweaks are not updated for PW5...

Whats the point of the jailbreak then? What I can do with my jailbroken PW5? Starting to think about getting back to OEM soft...

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!
DiveMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Jailbreaking does not change or remove any OEM software. All it does is allow installation of non-OEM software. If the hotfix is installed then jailbreak recovery from a reset or update is possible and OEM software remains the same.

There is no reason to remove a jailbreak.

As to why no updates to something, there has to be someone willing, able, and available to do it (free of charge).
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #3
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
You could always try KOReader; it remains the main reason to jailbreak for me. It has a bit of a learning curve, but once you master it, it’s so much better than the stock reader. Does have a few limitations (possibly outdated file organization system based on filesystem folders, nothing remotely similar to Send To Kindle) but the customization opportunities are completely unmatched in the standard Amazon firmware.

Might be worth giving it a shot, it could end up making jailbreaking worthwhile to you!
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote