Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Today, 01:56 PM   #76
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I quite like the design of the Kobo Aura H2O and Amazon Kindle PW5. They are basically the same design. Nice slim side bezels and no buttons. I love it.
Well, the PW5 has a flush screen unlike the H2O. But the same shape and close to the same size, with the H2O slightly bigger in every dimension. I personally prefer the oblong shape to the blockier shape of devices with buttons. When I moved from Sony (with buttons along the bottom) to Kobo, I missed buttons at first but I got over it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:50 PM   #77
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Buttons are not all created equally. I did not find Oasis at all comfortable, but my PocketBook Era is just fine.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:49 PM   #78
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
I know everyone here disregards Barnes & Noble, but I love having buttons on both sides. I can change hands without having to turn the reader around. I have a PW4 and I use it occasionally just to make sure I still prefer buttons. I won't buy another reader without buttons.
cgsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Well, the PW5 has a flush screen unlike the H2O. But the same shape and close to the same size, with the H2O slightly bigger in every dimension. I personally prefer the oblong shape to the blockier shape of devices with buttons. When I moved from Sony (with buttons along the bottom) to Kobo, I missed buttons at first but I got over it.
I liked where Sony put the buttons with the IR touch because they were 100% out of the way at the bottom of the screen. I never used the page turn buttons. I always used the IR touch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:53 PM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
I know everyone here disregards Barnes & Noble, but I love having buttons on both sides. I can change hands without having to turn the reader around. I have a PW4 and I use it occasionally just to make sure I still prefer buttons. I won't buy another reader without buttons.
The nook hardware is not bad. But the software is atrocious.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:05 PM   #81
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I may be wrong but I suspect that this will only be a minor update to the existing lineup, possibly driven by unavailability of some of the older parts being used. Amazon does not sell enough Kindles to have much influence over the supply chain.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote