Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #1
indecisivefan
indecisivefan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre crashes when PC Region/Language is changed

I recently downloaded a program that required me to change my PC Region settings, and I set the Language for Non-Unicode Programs to Japanese. However, this caused Calibre to crash every time I tried to open it. Calibre would open and start but would not finish loading my library and would freeze/crash shortly after.

I fixed this by changing my Region/Non-unicode Language setting back to English (US) which is what it was originally, but I am puzzled why changing this made Calibre freak out.

I guess this is not really a troubleshooting post, since I fixed this problem already, but I wanted to bring attention to this issue since it seems like I can't find any other mention of it, and it could be a problem for users with different PC language/region settings.
indecisivefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre works fine with any region/language, indeed it is used by millions of users in over 280 countries. If you want to debug why it is not starting on your machine, follow the instructions in: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ing-on-windows
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote