Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-26-2024, 07:30 PM   #1876
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei Norshine View Post
Thanks JSWolf for the info.
So, here is the link to the "Home" page of the book listing. https://iheartsapphfic.com/all-categories/ . Once on a specific book's page, you can see the tags that I was hoping to be able to scan and add to the metadata in Calibre. I was hoping to try it on this website as well: https://thelesbianreview.com/
Metadata download plugins are usually developed by the first person who wants them, they will also have an incentive to maintain them when the website changes… as they inevitably do.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 10:56 AM   #1877
Rei Norshine
Rei Norshine began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD 10 (7th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Metadata download plugins are usually developed by the first person who wants them, they will also have an incentive to maintain them when the website changes… as they inevitably do.

BR
That's what I figured. I was hoping to make one myself, but I have no experience with coding. I tried reading the "Writing your own plugins to extend calibre’s functionality" manual on the Calibre website, but it all goes over my head. I couldn't find a easy tutorial anywhere? If you know of any, it would be appreciated. Or, is it impossible to explain in an "easy" way? Thanks! Rei
Rei Norshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 11:06 AM   #1878
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
IMO, the best approach is to find an existing plugin that does something similar and look at the code for that. There are several metadata plugins that scrape websites.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 07:56 AM   #1879
Rei Norshine
Rei Norshine began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD 10 (7th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
IMO, the best approach is to find an existing plugin that does something similar and look at the code for that. There are several metadata plugins that scrape websites.
Which plugin would you suggest trying first? The goodreads one? I assume I have to use Python to modify the plugin. I have no experience with that. How hard would it be for me to learn?
Thanks!
Rei
Rei Norshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 10:11 AM   #1880
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I don't use any metadata plugins. I believe most of them scrape a site somewhere. I'll start with a newer one.

All Calibre plugins are written in python. Open the plugin zip to see the source.

How hard is python to learn? It's very subjective. I learned python working on plugins. But I already knew a half dozen other languages. And proper pythoners seem to hate my code.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 07:23 AM   #1881
Biz
Biz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Divide the text into paragraphs of four lines each

For the convenience of the device, I would like to implement such a function. When converting text to an epub book, divide the text into paragraphs of four lines each.

If the end of the sentence (the dot sign) does not occur in the fourth line, then the division into a new paragraph should be done at the time the point is found.

Believe me, this way you can increase the speed of reading any text several times (tested), but manually doing such a procedure with a large text takes a very long time.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 03:21 PM   #1882
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Go ahead. Though it would be interesting to see how you compensate for font size and screen width since that will impact the amount of text per line. Remember that epub like any reflowable format does not have a defined page size, font size, line spacing, etc.

BTW, A quick search seemed to find no real evidence for your claim. Some seem to support it, others seem to find that it has from no substantive impact to actually having a negative impact.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe