Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2024, 09:51 AM   #16
Frogm4n
Groupie
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pypeke View Post
I deleted all of the .md files.
Why? Just because there is a naming collision? They were created for a reason. If another person came into my home and has the same name as me I don't force them to leave...
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 04:07 PM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post
Why? Just because there is a naming collision? They were created for a reason. If another person came into my home and has the same name as me I don't force them to leave...
Perhaps they meant from calibre? They certainly should not be deleting them from the Kindle App's storage. (It's always best to allow apps to manage their own storage, rather than bypassing them and using the Finder.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 10:37 AM   #18
pypeke
Connoisseur
pypeke began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
If you have enough space, why not?
If not and they are the same book then I guess you have to decide which format you prefer to keep.
Thanks. I guess I could keep them as backups in case I accidently delete a book in Calibre.

Naming collision? Yes, I meant that I deleted some of the files in my C drive/Kindle Content that had my accounting program's icon and "MoneyDance" on them.
pypeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 11:05 AM   #19
Frogm4n
Groupie
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Naming collision? Yes, I meant that I deleted some of the files in my C drive/Kindle Content that had my accounting program's icon and "MoneyDance" on them.
That's still an effect of the naming collision. The files only have that icon because your accounting program told Windows that it is the default program for any .md files, despite other programs using that extention, and to show that icon, no matter that they actually might not have anything at all to do with it except having the same filename extension.

It's the same as, say, HTML files having your default web browser icon on them. Tell Windows to set a different browser as your default and it will show that icon instead, even if you'd saved those files with the previous one, or even manually created a file and named it with .html. Tell Windows that your default app for HTML is your texteditor and it will show that icon instead.

You could just create an empty file with .md at the end and I'm sure Windows will show your accounting program's icon on it.

Deleting files at random is a bad idea.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 11:47 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I deleted all of the .md files.

Is there any reason to keep the Nook books' format saved on my PC?

Same question for the kindle books. They all open in Calibre. Should I keep both formats?
Yes to keeping both until you've read the conversion as you don't know if you'll need the original to do a new conversion from.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote