Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM   #16
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The best does not mean it has to be a small size. It's the best color eInk device currently.
Again, you are saying device, the article is ereader. And not colur ereader, but ereader. Have you used any of the Remarkable devices? Seen any of the colour ereaders in person?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Again, you are saying device, the article is ereader. And not colur ereader, but ereader. Have you used any of the Remarkable devices? Seen any of the colour ereaders in person?
They are all devices and they can all display eBooks.

You don't have to see something in person to know it's not all that good. We rely on video, pictures, reviews, reports from owners, etc. We cannot always see everything in person before we buy. When I bought my Kobo Aura H2O, I was not able to see it in person. But because of reading about Kobo and watching reviews, I was able to decide that I wanted one and when the new larger screen H2O came out, I bought one.

Last edited by JSWolf; Yesterday at 01:25 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
They are all devices and they can all display eBooks.
Sure. But how it displays and handles ebooks is also important.

Quote:
You don't have to see something in person to know it's not all that good. We rely on video, pictures, reviews, reports from owners, etc. We cannot always see everything in person before we buy. When I bought my Kobo Aura H2O, I was not able to see it in person. But because of reading about Kobo and watching reviews, I was able to decide that I wanted one and when the new larger screen H2O came out, I bought one.
Jon*, how is the front light on the Remarkable Pro? How does the Pro look without the front light? Does it honor CSS? What sort of customization does the reading software offer? Can you compare all of these to the colour Kobos.

*Please let Jon respond to these questions. I am interested in his opinion.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
The best does not mean it has to be a small size. It's the best color eInk device currently.
And you know this from personal use? My opinion is that if it's software is anywhere close to the Remarkable 2, it would suck as an ereader.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:15 PM   #20
Frogm4n
Groupie
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
So, what is the "Canvas Color Display" on the Paper Pro and who makes it?
It's just the marketing term that reMarkable uses for their displays, nothing more. E-ink makes the panels but seems to have never used that marketing name themselves. reMarkable used it a bit on the rM and rM2 and it never really took off. Now that they've made a splash with the Paper Pro people have noticed it, but rM hasn't actually come out to say what exactly makes "Canvas" different from a regular Carta panel (rM and rM2) and Gallery 3 (PPro).
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote