Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 05:19 PM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
The Libra looks old and the bulkest out of them all
1. There is nothing wrong with good designs that look old. See Victorian bentwood chairs or Claris Cliff pottery.
2. It doesn't look old. A Kindle Keyboard 3 or a Binatone Readme (any version) is old and looks it.
3. There is nothing wrong with the "bulk". Many tablets can't easily be held because there isn't enough bezel.
4. Kobo ereaders are the best on the market for novels.

I've had many ereaders over the years. I had a mobile phone when it was analogue. I had an Apple II and an actual IBM AT. I also had an early smartphone, a Nokia N9210i (though smartphones had existed for 4 years). I've a Palm Z22.

There is nothing old looking (not that old looking in itself is bad), nor too bulky about any of the three 3 Libra models, though I'd not want the Colour one using a Kaleido 3 screen.

The cult of thinness maybe made sense in 2000, when the Dell Inspiron 7500 was new (heavy and very bulky), but now fatter with a bigger battery makes sense, but instead laptops so thin they need a bag of dongles due to having only USB-C.

I've a Libra and a Libra 2 as well as almost brand new phones and tablets and a portable QHD screen.

I can't recognise your complaint of the Libra. Have you mixed it up with a 1990s tablet computer running Windows for Pen Computing (based on Windows 3.1)?

Last edited by Quoth; Today at 05:22 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote