Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-26-2024, 12:13 PM   #196
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Arg! May I ask people not to say "BPL" or "Metropolitan"? I don't know what you mean. BPL for me means Boston Public Library. I did have a Brooklyn card before they axed it.
BPL is Boston Public Library and not Brooklyn Public Library. The URL for Boston Public Library is bpl.overdrive.com. That is all the proof needed that BPL is Boston. So when using BPL, please use it to refer to Boston and not Brooklyn.

As for Metropolitan, I had no idea what library that was until the library was actually mentioned.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 12:53 PM   #197
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I just asked Metropolitan whether I could renew my card expiring in March 2025 to run until March 2026. I can't.
Quote:
Unfortunately, we are not able to add the annual fee to your account for a renewal. You will have access to all the library’s digital resources through your card’s expiration date of 3/26/2025.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 01:49 PM   #198
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I just asked Metropolitan whether I could renew my card expiring in March 2025 to run until March 2026. I can't.
I still don't know which metropole you mean.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 02:01 PM   #199
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it may be worth, looking at the 2nd message in this thread, it would appear that when posters refer to Metropolitan, they are referring to:

Metropolitan Lib (OK) -- $70/year --- Digital -- OverDrive -- Hoopla
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 02:03 PM   #200
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Bigme B751C, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I still don't know which metropole you mean.
Metropolitan in Oklahoma City - https://www.metrolibrary.org
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 02:24 PM   #201
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I think of world-class metropoles my thoughts always gravitate towards Oklahoma.

"It's dollars to donuts that our state library is the best state libary in our state!"

Last edited by Renate; 06-26-2024 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-26-2024, 08:22 PM   #202
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
The name is Metropolitan. The name in the URL is metrolibrary. What difference does the physical location make for someone interested in an out-of-state card?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 05:51 AM   #203
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
What difference does the physical location make for someone interested in an out-of-state card?
It clarifies what we're talking about.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM   #204
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I checked the expiration date on my Metropolitan library card. I'm only good until 1/6/25. Bummer.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #205
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
This is the official notice I received by email from the Metropolitan Library of Oklahoma:

Quote:
Annual Fee accounts will only be available for residents of Oklahoma that do not meet the eligibility criteria of the other available account types.

If your Annual Fee account is set to renew after July 1, you will not be able to renew, but you will have access to Metropolitan Library resources until your library card expiration date.

If your Annual Fee account has expired, you will not be able to renew and you will no longer have access to Metropolitan Library resources.
It's a sad day for out of state members of the library. The Metro library is known for its large collection of books, but the best thing about the library was the usually short waiting period for loan requests. My local libraries have wait lists with 100 or more people queued up for a popular title.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote