Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 05:49 PM   #9916
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer55 View Post
Hi!, I'm encountering some trouble with xenforo and tags.
There's several different things going on here.

First

As given, this is broken:
Code:
[base_xenforoforum]
include_in_category:category,tagsfromtitle,parentf orums
 Category=>genre,tagsfromtitle
skip_threadmarks_categories:Staff Post
order_threadmarks_by_date:true
I'll assume the space in "parentf orums" is an artifact of copy/paste, but "Category=>genre,tagsfromtitle" isn't valid there.

Maybe you wanted something like:
Code:
[base_xenforoforum]
include_in_category:category,tagsfromtitle,parentforums,genre

## or maybe:
add_to_include_in_category:,genre
(For issues the Second thru Fourth)

You posted:
Code:
# section [base_xenforoforum] assumed
add_to_replace_metadata:
 (Harry Potter|Wizarding World)=>HP
 (Metal Gear|Metal Gear Solid)=>Metal Gear
I instead suggest:
Code:
[base_xenforoforum:epub] 
add_to_replace_metadata:
 category=>^(Harry Potter|Wizarding World)$=>HP
 category=>^Metal Gear Solid$=>Metal Gear
Second

add_to_replace_metadata under [base_xenforoforum] in personal.ini replaces add_to_replace_metadata under [base_xenforoforum] in defaults.ini. See wiki page and search for "another non-intuitive complication".

[base_xenforoforum] is unique in FFF's default.ini for having a bunch of processing in add_to_replace_metadata for tagsfromtitle. The alternative was a hard coded processing.

Alternatives include putting your add_to_replace_metadata under [base_xenforoforum:epub], or the individual site sections, or [defaults] in personal.ini.

Third

In the same code sample, you're applying those lines to all metadata entries, such as characters and description. It would be better, IMO, to limit them to the category entries you're trying to fix.

And use ^ and $ to only apply them when it's the whole entry. Otherwise, a few months from now you're left wondering why "Wizarding World War II" is becoming "HP War II" or whatever.

Fourth

(Metal Gear|Metal Gear Solid) matches the string "Metal Gear Solid", replaces the Metal Gear part -- with "Metal Gear" and leaves the " Solid", yielding... "Metal Gear Solid". Just remove that part of the regex. You don't need to replace "Metal Gear" with "Metal Gear" anyway.

I expect your QQ issues come from the add_to_replace_metadata problem.

I removed your NSFW link, BTW. Please use PM when you can't use a SFW link to demonstrate a problem.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #9917
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
And use ^ and $ to only apply them when it's the whole entry.
does this means that this will apply only when the tag is for example "Wizarding World" but not if the tag is "Wizarding Worlds"?

Also, there's a fic that get's tagged as "Saga Of Tanya The Evil, Tanya the Evil (Sort-of), Tanya the evil" tanya the evil get's repeated three times. something like

Quote:
category=>^ (Saga Of Tanya The Evil|Tanya the Evil \(Sort-of\)|Tanya the evil)$=>Youjo Senki
would be fine? I ask becuase of the multiple tanya's there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I removed your NSFW link, BTW. Please use PM when you can't use a SFW link to demonstrate a problem.
my bad, the fic is also on SB so I thought it was fine. sorry.

Thanks for your detailed response. I'll try your suggestions

Last edited by Homer55; Today at 06:28 PM.
Homer55 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction