Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 11:32 AM   #1
tebra
tebra began at the beginning.

Device: NST - Icarus Illumina
Upgrade PaperWhite4 to get new web browser ?

Hi,
My Kindle PaperWhite 4 (10th Generation) (2018) is jailbroken on firmware 5.11.2.
If I upgrade to the latest firmware, will I get the new web browser ?
If yes, how to keep it jailbroken?
Thanks
tebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 PM   #2
tebra
tebra began at the beginning.

Device: NST - Icarus Illumina
Maybe upgrade to FW up to 5.16.2 to avoid hardfloats ?
tebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:02 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebra View Post
Hi,
My Kindle PaperWhite 4 (10th Generation) (2018) is jailbroken on firmware 5.11.2.
If I upgrade to the latest firmware, will I get the new web browser ?
Kindle firmware updates flash the entire OS and all software.
Quote:
If yes, how to keep it jailbroken?
Read the Making sure your JB survives updates section of the first post in the Open Sesame! (AKA., The New & Improved JailBreak Index) thread in the Kindle Developer's Corner subforum?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pw4