Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2024, 04:56 PM   #16
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I don't know. I have no experience with running fsck on loop devices or fuse file systems, and have no idea what complicated scheme is used to map the /dev/mmcblk1p1 device eventually to /mnt/us
In that case I guess I can only try it and see. Should it suffice to issue a "mount -a" once the fsck.vfat completes? If not, I guess I can issue a reboot.

Dave

PS:

Looks like I won't have to try this. I noticed that all the problems reported were in a single sub-directory. I sfpt mounted the device and found that I was able to remove the problem sub-directory. After doing so fsck.vfat reports no problems and Calibre now mounts the PW4 properly. So the problem appears solved.

Last edited by dhdurgee; 06-08-2024 at 05:04 PM.
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 06:05 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
I'm glad you figured it out.

It seems weird that a corrupted file sysyem can be repaired by deleting a directory and its files.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 06:16 PM   #18
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

It seems weird that a corrupted file sysyem can be repaired by deleting a directory and its files.
I agree, but that appears to be the case. I am unsure how the corruption occurred, but given the location of the damaged sub-directory I suspect something happened while the PW4 was in the process of downloading a book from Amazon that left things corrupted in a way that Amazon did not anticipate.

Perhaps I did a restart of the PW4, which I do when the cover mode stops working and it was at just the absolute wrong time.

Dave
Old 06-21-2024, 11:36 AM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Would you mind sharing how you determined which directory was causing the problem?

I think the OP in this thread migght be having the same trouble:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...96#post4432796
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 11:55 AM   #20
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:
Would you mind sharing how you determined which directory was causing the problem?

I think the OP in this thread migght be having the same trouble:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...96#post4432796
Look at the fsck.vfat output from an earlier post:

Code:
[root@kindle root]# fsck.vfat /dev/loop/0
dosfsck 2.11, 12 Mar 2005, FAT32, LFN
Clearing dirty flag
Long filename fragment ":6eh:1BL:2bg:2ZI:E7v:9jb:4JF:DgE:B-j:FqH:2ot:EtR:81U" found outside a LFN sequence.
  (Maybe the start bit is missing on the last fragment)
1: Delete fragment
2: Leave it as it is.
3: Set start bit
? 1
/documents/Downloads/Items01/Holy Rebel_ Armed with Truth, Stand Your Ground, and Rebel Against Hell:20Ps Agenda._B0BM1XM884.sdr
  Has a large number of bad entries. (74/142)
Drop directory ? (y/n) y
Reclaimed 63 unused clusters (516096 bytes).
Free cluster summary wrong (598754 vs. really 598817)
1) Correct
2) Don't correct
? 1
Leaving file system unchanged.
/dev/loop/0: 20210 files, 218266/817083 clusters
This pointed me to a sub-directory of documents/Downloads/Items01 as a source of many problems.

As noted I then sftp mounted the PW4 and was able to delete that problematic sub-directory and then fsck.vfat gave clean results.

I am still a bit puzzled by the whole thing, as fsck.vfat offered to delete it for me but did not do so even when told to.

Hopefully this is helpful and never seen again.

Dave
Old 06-23-2024, 04:47 PM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:

Not weird for FAT/DOS type file systems if the corruption isn't in the root.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote