Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2024, 01:58 AM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra Colour
[Kindle Scribe] Can’t seem to fix the covers not appearing bug.

I know this is bug has been around for a while. Sideloaded books still don’t have covers. I searched and tried every fix I could find. Keeping airplane mode on. Plugging and replugging my Scribe. Updating the metadata. Updating Cached Metadata. They’re all manga/comics, I used KCC and then I added them to Calibre and converted them to AZW3. Tried sideloading via Calibre and also by just dragging and dropping in the root file but still no covers. Don’t have that problem with Kobo. What else can I try?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 05:56 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to Devices forum and added [Kindle Scribe] to the title.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 06:02 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
update calibre and resend the books ot the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:19 AM   #4
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
update calibre and resend the books ot the device.

I updated Calibre yesterday. I tried sideloading again just now and it worked this time. However the covers are square? They don’t appear the correct size on the Scribe.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:24 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I updated Calibre yesterday. I tried sideloading again just now and it worked this time. However the covers are square? They don’t appear the correct size on the Scribe.
This has been fixed and will be in the next calibre release or preview. It is available now if you run calibre from source.
Old 06-20-2024, 09:31 AM   #6
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This has been fixed and will be in the next calibre release or preview. It is available now if you run calibre from source.

I don’t know how to do this. Guess I’ll just have to wait for the update.
Old 06-21-2024, 04:17 AM   #7
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
I was just checking the changelog of the last release (7.12 - May 30) and it seems this bug is supposed to be fixed already?

https://calibre-ebook.com/whats-new

“Kindle driver: Increase the size of the cover thumbnails sent to the Scribe
Closes tickets: 2067168”
Old 06-21-2024, 04:22 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I was just checking the changelog of the last release (7.12 - May 30) and it seems this bug is supposed to be fixed already?

https://calibre-ebook.com/whats-new

“Kindle driver: Increase the size of the cover thumbnails sent to the Scribe
Closes tickets: 2067168”
No. This bug was fixed in this commit, the day after 7.12 was released.
Old 06-21-2024, 05:53 AM   #9
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
No. This bug was fixed in this commit, the day after 7.12 was released.

Oh I see. Thanks. In that bug report Kovid said “The fix will be in the next release. calibre is usually released every alternate Friday.” So can we expect the next release to be today?
Old 06-21-2024, 05:57 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh I see. Thanks. “The fix will be in the next release. calibre is usually released every alternate Friday.” So can we expect the next release to be today?
Kovid makes releases when he thinks it appropriate. They almost always happen on Friday early morning UK time. There wasn't a release or a preview this morning, so I assume there won't be one this week. Of course, Kovid can do something unexpected.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:41 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've been travelling for 3 weeks now. Finally returned today. So next release will likely be the coming friday.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 03:49 AM   #12
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I've been travelling for 3 weeks now. Finally returned today. So next release will likely be the coming friday.
Oh I see. Was wondering why the last release was almost a month ago. Good to know