Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-28-2024, 04:09 AM   #1
euriloco
euriloco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Nested divs in Kindle

Hi,
I have an ebook whose index has h1, h2, and h3 levels. To create the TOC, I nested <div> elements to create the index structure.
The problem is that when converting this nesting of divs to azw3 with Calibre, the Kindle doesn't recognize them and displays everything at the same level in the TOC.
So I have to modify the TOC to remove the nested divs.
Is it possible to create a TOC with nested divs that the Kindle will recognize when I convert it to azw3?
euriloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 07:58 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Why are you doing it that way?
If you start with an EPUB2, The TOC tool will create a nested NCX TOC from the H# levels in the sections.
The Editor can the make an inline TOC from that. Tools:Table of Contents:inline TOC

OTOH Kindles may not support very deep nesting (been awhile since I made one for my K4)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Really only two levels is safe on everything. Some things support 3.

But it's only some textbooks etc that really need more than 2 and it's possible to make do with 2.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote