Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-24-2024, 11:01 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Anthology books with multiple series

How do you guys who read fantasy/urban fantasy/PNR or other series deal with the anthology and multiverse books that encompass multiple different series?

One anthology book might have 6 different short stories/novellas in it for classified series in my library. Here is an example,

Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)

Then you have multiple series in a series universe and each book has multiple entries in a "universe".

I had it ok when I created an additional series to cover when I get things like
Winter Lost (Mercy Thompson, #14; Mercy Thompson World, #20)

I can't keep creating multiple "additional series" columns to hold it all.

When it comes to anthologies do you just create a split epub and put each piece in order where it goes for each series?

I have been doing that, but syncing with Goodreads is a pain when the same anthology book is listed under each series individually. If I read an anthology book and want to review the parts for each series, I can't.

If I am lucky then each series will have it's own story already set aside outside the anthology but a lot of them don't. One anthology book will show up in multiple author/series lists.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 02:04 AM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I thought the question sounded familiar. You've asked this before...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346741
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 02:05 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
But perhaps the answer will be different this time around.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote