Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 07:45 AM   #16
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nar001 View Post
I tried, I removed the file, it still stays stuck on the kindle screen. Just curious, what happens when you tap "restore" on a kindle? Maybe it added something since I was hoping it'd fix it before

Edit: Would there be any issues with doing the old "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" trick? I don't wanna brick it even more, if possible
Share logs
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:54 AM   #17
nar001
Enthusiast
nar001 began at the beginning.

Device: M96C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Share logs
Sure, which ones? Where are they located?
nar001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #18
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
With ssh, use command

showlog -f

This will output system logs to terminal so you can see
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:07 AM   #19
nar001
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
With ssh, use command

showlog -f

This will output system logs to terminal so you can see
How long should I let it run? I can share a text file after
Old Today, 09:17 AM   #20
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So long to see actual complaints from the system that makes it bootloop
Old Today, 09:18 AM   #21
mergen3107
Wizard

I wouldn’t factory reset quite yet.

You will loose ssh, but it is not guaranteed that Kindle will be fixed
Old Today, 09:21 AM   #22
nar001
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
I wouldn’t factory reset quite yet.

You will loose ssh, but it is not guaranteed that Kindle will be fixed
Yeah that's why I didn't do it, I wasn't sure it would fix it. Anyway, here's the logs I could get, letting it run hopefully long enough. Obviously if it's not enough I can do it again, it's still there.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (78.4 KB, 3 views)
Old Today, 11:02 AM   #23
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nar001 View Post
Yeah that's why I didn't do it, I wasn't sure it would fix it. Anyway, here's the logs I could get, letting it run hopefully long enough. Obviously if it's not enough I can do it again, it's still there.
I dont exactly see whats wrong but imo the best course of action would be removing the .sh file you created for library view then checking if that worked and if not install 5.16.2.1.1 fw update (a facttory reset on a kindle really just deletes /var and /mnt/us) an update should replace any tempered system files.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:25 AM   #24
nar001
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I dont exactly see whats wrong but imo the best course of action would be removing the .sh file you created for library view then checking if that worked and if not install 5.16.2.1.1 fw update (a facttory reset on a kindle really just deletes /var and /mnt/us) an update should replace any tempered system files.
Fair, so just put it in the /mnt/us/ folder and reboot?