Old Today, 04:27 PM   #1
meghane_e
Connoisseur
meghane_e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
calibredb to get last_modified data

I'm picking back up a project from a few years ago:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338741

I got most of my libraries merged but I never got around to cleaning up the extra backup libraries. I can Import the old backups with no problem. Calibre shows all of the timestamps I would expect to see for the dates of the imported library. But it turns out when I tried creating a custom column, Calibre immediately updates the last_modified column to today's date.

I want to keep a history of what the last_modified column contains prior to making any changes on a newly imported Library so that in the future I can figure out when a book was merged from another library and when.

Otw, I'm using calibredb to get the data and will create a small database to track changes there. Does anyone know if any of the plugins do something like this already? It seems unlikely, but figured I'd ask.

For each library directory (not the backup data directories)
Code:
calibredb list --with-library "C:\Calibre Library\Old Libraries\<library>" --f 
title,author,last_modified,timestamp > ".\<library>_premerge_dates.csv"
Notes: calibre.exe has to be shutdown. calibredb is finicky about the fields being grouped with no spaces.
meghane_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:24 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghane_e View Post
. . .
Does anyone know if any of the plugins do something like this already? It seems unlikely, but figured I'd ask.
. . .
Maybe the Audit Log plugin ==>> Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, dates, list, tracking