Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #526
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
By failed, what exactly happened?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:34 AM   #527
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy@asa3.org View Post
I did the debug process but the log indicated nothing wrong but still output failed. I used exactly the same files on my own laptop which was running Calibre 7.6 instead of 7.16 and EpubMerge v2.17 instead of 3.1. It worked fine.

But on the desktop with versions 7.16 and 3.1, the same inputs and settings leads to "EpubMerge failed. No new Epub file was created..."
The debug log should have given you something.

If it didn't, then I can't really help you without seeing the input epubs.

If you don't want to share the epubs due to copyright issues, you could try applying the ScrambleEbook plugin and merging the scrambled versions. If they fail the same way, you can share the scrambled versions for me to see.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #528
randy@asa3.org
randy@asa3.org began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo desktop Win 10 Chrome browser
By failed, I mean when I activate the EpubMerge plugin, put in all the metadata and click ok, instead of getting the usual response of completion, I get a banner that says "EpubMerge failed. No new Epub file was created..." but without any error message or indication of why it failed. In running the plugin in debug mode, after quitting Calibre, a log file was created but it gave no clue that there was something wrong. Is there a way I can post that log file?

Is there a way I can revert to version 2.17 of the plugin to try that instead of 3.1? And/or perhaps Calibre 7.6 instead of 7.16? Those versions worked fine with my Windows 11 laptop but did not work on the two Windows 10 desktops at the office that I support.
randy@asa3.org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:23 PM   #529
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
EPUB Merge seems to run in background (Worker process?)
I just tested a 3 book merge on 3.1 (w10)

I filled in the metadata.
Then I got a message that it would complete in background BEFORE it would appear (as a format) in the library.
Then I got the confirmation, and it was there

did you start another process before completion (the confirmations might have submerged, not allowing confirmation)
If something was blocking 'workers', I would expect other things would also fail.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #530
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
MR doesn't allow very new users to post files. There's a Requests to enable Private Messages thread. Or use one of the many file hosting solutions available online and post a link here.

Yes, previous versions of both are available:

https://download.calibre-ebook.com/

https://github.com/JimmXinu/EpubMerge/releases
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs