Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old Today, 01:01 AM   #46
GA Russell
Ticats Elks still winless
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I picked up a few little things, but nothing eBook related.

The one item I wanted the most wasn't on sale!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
That's pretty much it. A huge bust for me. I didn't like the prices, so I got nothing. Maybe prices will be better during the real Black Friday, which will begin in Oct with tons of pre-sales and pre-sales and...

Remember when these sales used to last just a few days to a week? Now they last a couple of months and the discounts are much worse. C'est la vie.

I'll unstick this thread when Newegg's sale ends tomorrow.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:47 AM   #48
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Well worthwhile just for the 99 cent channels to catch up on new seasons of some great shows. Also got a few other things, another pack of $5 Kasa smart plugs, a pair of Crocs that probably won't fit well enough to keep, a $100 Shark vacuum - probably cost that much to fix the old one...
cc_in_oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:47 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My wife bought a dual-basket air fryer.

I bought a bag a Yakers for our pug.

That's all that we bought,
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #50
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I was not a Prime member, but my beloved waterprooof Aerb MP3 player died and the player I identified as the likeliest replacement (and there are not many options these days) was on a 20% off Prime Day sale, so I grabbed an offer for a one-week intro Prime membership for 99¢.

Now to see how many piddling purchases with free shipping I can make in the next few days and then quit before my membership converts! I’m kidding, mostly, but I suspect I’ll take a look.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:02 PM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
None of the items I'm currently looking at were on sale either on Amazon or elsewhere so this year, I ended up making no Black Friday in July and/or Prime Days purchases.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 PM   #52
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Like many on here, I was skunked too. I did have a few things I wanted that were not e-book related, but nothing had enough (or any) discount to move them off my wish list and into my cart.

And with all of the oldsters who have passed away or moved to assisted living in our family recently, and whose stuff is now in our house "to be sorted", we don't have room anyway. Thank heaven for ebooks, which take no room at all.

And per @Catlady, at least it was 7% on the slow shipping thing - often it's only 6%, which is only 1% over what you get with a Prime credit card anyway. So it would take a $100 order (or $50 at 2% over) to get an extra $1 credit. I'll pass on that, although I do often use the "deliver on the same day" option if I'm not in a hurry, just for eco purposes.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote