Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old Today, 06:10 PM   #16
B4iwasgone
B4iwasgone began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Overdrive audiobook download problems masOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Thank you @smeelah for the reference to the discussion on subreddit /rLibbyApp. I am somewhat heartened that people are having issues with both ebooks/.acsm and audiobooks/.odm, which suggests it's not an intentional phasing out of OverDrive for Mac.
-----------------------------------
I emailed Overdrive support and got this back from them:
"Find what you needed? Let us know, and we’ll help the next person in line.

Close my support case

Otherwise, we appreciate your message, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!

Thanks,
OverDrive Technical Support

Here's what you told us:

After successfully downloading the < book-name>.odm file from the library GUI, the Overdrive Media Console fails to download the book with a "No internet connection found " error message. I am using an older macBookPro running High Sierra, which a valid macOS for overdrive. I did some research about this problem and it seems that many others are [...]
______"

At least I got an OverDrive Support Case 03518817 response. If/when I get any resolution, I'll let you know. Although, I do not have much confidence that I will get a satisfactory response any time soon. Some research confirms that they (overdrive) had some certificate validation problems that can cause page loading errors.
B4iwasgone is offline   Reply With Quote