Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-14-2024, 02:00 PM   #46
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
I remember a product named WordPerfect: great to use. It had a so-called "under water view" to see (and change) the embedded composing code. They sadly lost out in the feature adding race with Microsofts' Word.

I also recall a product as Lotus Word Pro: terrible, never got the layout I wanted.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2024, 06:44 PM   #47
Briano
Briano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I remember a product named WordPerfect: great to use. It had a so-called "under water view" to see (and change) the embedded composing code. They sadly lost out in the feature adding race with Microsofts' Word.

I also recall a product as Lotus Word Pro: terrible, never got the layout I wanted.
WordPerfect is still being updated.
https://www.wordperfect.com
Briano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #48
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briano View Post

Even with the discount, it's still overpriced at $173.99
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:07 AM   #49
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
The only Windows word processor I used (when not at work) was Lotus Word Pro. I liked it's clean interface. But I never liked Microsoft Word at all. I hated the way it tried to "think" for you.

My formatting was pretty straightforward so that may be why I never ran into layout issues.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09 AM   #50
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Even with the discount, it's still overpriced at $173.99
I think it's still popular in the legal profession. My wife used WordPerfect for Windows for a few years. Now she mostly uses Google Docs (which I don't like at all).

I still like WordStar for DOS best.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #51
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The only Windows word processor I used (when not at work) was Lotus Word Pro. I liked it's clean interface. But I never liked Microsoft Word at all. I hated the way it tried to "think" for you.

My formatting was pretty straightforward so that may be why I never ran into layout issues.
I used all professionally and learned Word during a team effort to migrate company documentation from WP to Word when the powers-that-were decided so. Later-on the then powers-that-were decided to migrate to Lotus Word Pro which was a disaster: all our customers were using Word / WP and couldn't handle LWP so we silently did continue to use Word.

LWP had not a bad GUI, and I even liked the handy ALT-ENTER popup (if I recall correctly) to edit the current selected text area. But boy, I never got the chapter numbering right, or the TOC with a correct page-numbering.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote