Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-13-2024, 11:17 PM   #9736
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaviCalderon View Post
TLDR; how the hell do you get "Rating" (stars 1-5) to show up on a custom title page? i have no idea what to put in personal.ini to make this work and i can't find anything about it online. i'm sure i'm missing something easy, i just have no idea where else to look!!
Towards the bottom of the FFF config's personal.ini tab, there's a section for 'Calibre Columns'. Make sure you have 'Pass Calibre Columns into FanFicFare on Update/Overwrite' checkbox checked.

Now you can add calibre_std_rating to titlepage_entries. Note that it shows up as a 1-5 number. You can change that to some form of star using replace_metadata if you like.

There's a button that will show you the entry names for all of your Calibre columns.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 10:09 PM   #9737
TaviCalderon
TaviCalderon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
oh my god thank you!! i did have that box checked but had never actually clicked on show calibre column names, lol. I see they're all listed in there now, including the default rating. knew i was missing something simple!

i also have this thing i can't seem to get working that is probably another simple issue: some of the labels i'm trying to make aren't labelling? they just get labelled whatever it was gonna be based on the prefix that was already placed in there.

i got "category" to be called "Fandom" on my titlepages just fine, and now rating_label = Rated while calibre_std_rating = Rating which is perfect (thank you!!). but freeformtags, chapterslashtotal, ao3categories, and bookmarktags are all not changing on my titlepages to the label i put after the : below (i hope i hid the personal.ini correctly, never done this before).

Spoiler:

## Title Page Stuff
extra_valid_entries: freeformtags, chapterslashtotal, ao3categories, comments, kudos, hits, bookmarks, collections, bookmarktags
category_label:Fandom
freeformtags_label:Additional Tags
chapterslashtotal_label:Chapters
ao3categories_label:Genres
comments_label:Comments
kudos_label:Kudos
hits_label:Hits
collections_label:Collections
bookmarks_label:Bookmarks
bookmarktags_label:Primary Pair
rating_label:Rated
titlepage_entries:series,category,ships,characters ,<br />,calibre_std_rating,status,rating,warnings,ao3cat egories,<br />
extra_titlepage_entries:chapterslashtotal,numWords ,bookmarks,kudos,comments,hits,datePublished,dateU pdated,bookmarktags,collections,<br />,freeformtags,<br />,description

keep_in_order_ships:true
keep_in_order_category:true
keep_in_order_characters:true
keep_in_order_genre:true
keep_in_order_ao3categories:true
keep_in_order_freeformtags:true

for example i put ao3categories_label:Genres but on my actual title pages ao3categories is called AO3 Categories, every time.

are these pink labels not actually cusotmizable labels because they're extra_valid_entires? am i missing a step somewhere? i've been haunting your plugin-defaults.ini page to try and figure things out on my own since i have no idea what i'm doing (sorry), but all i can find on this is line #42 that explicitly says "## Labels may be customized." so i must not be writing something correctly?? does this also have something to do with the calibre column names list because stuff matches up to ao3 things weirdly? any guidance is appreciated!
TaviCalderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2024, 11:02 PM   #9738
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i got "category" to be called "Fandom" on my titlepages just fine, and now rating_label = Rated while calibre_std_rating = Rating which is perfect (thank you!!). but freeformtags, chapterslashtotal, ao3categories, and bookmarktags are all not changing on my titlepages to the label i put after the : below (i hope i hid the personal.ini correctly, never done this before).
Using spoiler tags is good, thanks for that. Using [code] tags (# mark button in the full post editor, not shown in quick-reply box) inside the [spoiler] tags will also preserve formatting. Like so:

Spoiler:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]

## ...
extra_valid_entries:fandoms, freeformtags, freefromtags,
 ao3categories, comments, chapterslashtotal, chapterstotal, kudos,
 hits, bookmarks, collections, byline, bookmarked, bookmarktags,
 bookmarksummary, bookmarkprivate, bookmarkrec, subscribed,
 markedforlater, restricted, series00, series01, series02, series03,
 series00Url, series01Url, series02Url, series03Url, series00HTML,
 series01HTML, series02HTML, series03HTML
fandoms_label:Fandoms
freeformtags_label:Freeform Tags
freefromtags_label:Freeform Tags
ao3categories_label:AO3 Categories
comments_label:Comments
chapterslashtotal_label:Chapters/Total Chapters
chapterstotal_label:Total Chapters
kudos_label:Kudos
hits_label:Hits
collections_label:Collections
## Count of bookmarks on story by all users
bookmarks_label:Bookmarks
## Tags & Summary from *your* bookmark on the story.  Only collected
## if always_login:true
bookmarked_label:I Bookmarked Story
bookmarktags_label:My Bookmark Tags
bookmarksummary_label:My Bookmark Summary
bookmarkprivate_label:My Bookmark Private
bookmarkrec_label:My Bookmark Rec
markedforlater_label:I Marked for Later
subscribed_label:I Subscribed
restricted_label:Restricted to Registered Users
series00HTML_label:Series
series01HTML_label:Additional Series
series02HTML_label:Additional Series
series03HTML_label:Additional Series

Which is relevant to what your issue, I think.

Quote:
for example i put ao3categories_label:Genres but on my actual title pages ao3categories is called AO3 Categories, every time.
I suspect you put your _label lines under [defaults] in personal.ini, which has less precedence than than the same _label line under [archiveofourown.org] in defaults.ini. See the INI wiki for full precedence details.

Try putting them under [archiveofourown.org] in personal.ini instead.

Quote:
are these pink labels not actually cusotmizable labels because they're extra_valid_entires?
Correct.

Live parsing extra_valid_entries for color highlighting is beyond my ambitions. So while the _labels form is recognized, it's highlighted magenta (instead of blue) to indicate it maybe correct, but isn't certain.
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #9739
ninjadudedxp
ninjadudedxp began at the beginning.

Device: Meebook
Will FFF update the file itself or replace it?
example if the author deleted chapter 5, would it reflect that or will it only add the new chapters
ninjadudedxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #9740
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjadudedxp View Post
Will FFF update the file itself or replace it?
example if the author deleted chapter 5, would it reflect that or will it only add the new chapters
Depends on the update mode you use. See Update Modes wiki page, come back if that doesn't answer your question.
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #9741
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If the author's deleting chapters, it's probably best to overwrite the thing - I've seen several fics end up going out-of-order when the author is simultaneously deleting and adding new chapters. I've also DNF'd fics when the author keeps doing it over and over.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Yesterday at 08:55 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #9742
TaviCalderon

bless you, truly. i had no idea that where you put the lines mattered depending on which [__] it is stuck under, but in retrospect, duh. also good to know about the colorcoding! didn't realize magenta meant "maybe".

weirdly enough i did have all of the _labels under the [archiveofourown.org] section, but i did NOT have the titlepage_entries or extra_titlepage_entries or...basically anything else under [defaults]. i went back and copied the plugin-defaults.ini section into my personal.ini and edited titlepage_entries & extra_titlepage_entries up there as needed, kept all my _labels for things like ao3 categories where they were under the [archiveofourown.org] section, and what do you know a whole bunch of things work just fine now, including the label names i wanted.

i definitely messed some things up just by not having a bunch of the defaults up there, thinking ahh if i removed them i won't have to scroll down so far to get to the [archiveofourown.org] section...i promise i will stop deleting very important default things now!! thank you so much for your help lol

last question (for now): is there a way to override for title pages: "## All current formats already include title and author" ? i'm wondering if i can remove the author (and hyperlink for the author's ao3 page) from the top of every title page where it says "Work Title by Author Name". i can't seem to find a way to configure that, only a bunch of ways to edit metadata in bulk, which from what i understand only edits the metadata in calibre's columns, not the actual titlepage inside the book.
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #9743
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
last question (for now): is there a way to override for title pages: "## All current formats already include title and author" ? i'm wondering if i can remove the author (and hyperlink for the author's ao3 page) from the top of every title page where it says "Work Title by Author Name". i can't seem to find a way to configure that, only a bunch of ways to edit metadata in bulk, which from what i understand only edits the metadata in calibre's columns, not the actual titlepage inside the book.
For that, you need to customize the HTML output, not just what entries appear. There's a CustomOutput wiki page. You want to look at the titlepage_start setting.
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #9744
TaviCalderon

thank you very much!! this page has everything i was looking for, you're the best!!

Old Today, 11:52 AM   #9745
applegaa
Connoisseur
applegaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
ScribbleHub and Title Changes
-----

I've run into an annoyance with ScribbleHub recently. When an author changes the title of their story, it changes the URL for it as well. For example, here are three recent URLs for the same story, all of which still work:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/8...potter-litrpg/
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/8...-arcane-thief/
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/8...-thief-litrpg/

If I find the book in Calibre and update it with FanFicFare, it works just fine. However, if I pull the URL from the recent updates list, I get a new book with every new title instead of updating the existing one. If I forget to delete the old one and they change the name back, it goes back to updating that old one.

I have verified that the last part of the URL is unnecessary and you can access the story with the shortened URL of:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/862913/

It works with or without the trailing slash. So, I was wondering if you would be willing to change the ScribbleHub adapter to shorten the Story URL like the RoyalRoad adapter does?

- Andrew
applegaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #9746
TaviCalderon

hi, back again already, sorry.

how would someone make the work summary italicized? i found where you advised someone in order to do that for the author notes you'd just add the below to the css output, which is awesome:

Spoiler:

Code:
add_to_output_css:
 div.fff_chapter_notes {
         font-style: italic;
    }

but when i try to change the name from fff_chapter_notes to fff_description, it doesn't work. im guessing i don't have the ID right for the summary/description section of the work, but i also can't find what else it would be called!
Old Today, 01:10 PM   #9747
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2024-07-16
- Allow scribblehub.com story URLs w/o title and search calibre w/o title

Quote:
Originally Posted by applegaa View Post
ScribbleHub and Title Changes
I feel like this has come up before. But it may have been a different site.

Let's try this: I've changed the adapter to accept URLs w/o title, but to still use it, and code to that Plugin that searches for existing books without the title.

I don't read this site, so I'm depending on you guys to tell me if it does something unintended.
Old Today, 01:58 PM   #9748
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
hi, back again already, sorry.

how would someone make the work summary italicized?
The default title page HTML isn't very easily customized like that.

But it's not terrible difficult to add custom HTML for that purpose.
The default is very basic:
Code:
## Default:
## ${id}, ${label}, ${value}
titlepage_entry:<b>${label}:</b> ${value}<br />
You can pretty easily add classes and IDs for CSS. But there is a twist: For Summary and a few others, you need to also clear wide_titlepage_entries, otherwise they'll use titlepage_wide_entry.

Here's one possibility:
Code:
[epub]
#include_tocpage:true
titlepage_entry:<b class="fff_tp_label" id="${id}_label">${label}:</b> <span class="fff_tp_value" id="${id}_value">${value}</span><br />
wide_titlepage_entries:

add_to_output_css:
 #description_value {
    font-style:italic;
 }
Years ago, FFF made the title page using <table> tags and Summary(description) was a 'wide' entry that spanned two columns. FFF has special code for titlepage_use_table from before you could customize the HTML.

I'm looking at how that code could be 'fixed' to be more intuitive.
Old Today, 02:15 PM   #9749
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2024-07-16
- Allow scribblehub.com story URLs w/o title and search calibre w/o title
- Use titlepage_entry for titlepage_wide_entry unless explicitly set.

Shouldn't need to clear wide_titlepage_entries now.

Tags
fanfiction