Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-22-2024, 01:08 PM   #61
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Indeed. Bulk loading of epubs like that was never meant to be. The older versions are your best bet. The separate warning message boxes were actually interfering with restoring the proper Sigil MainWindow and DockWidgets sizes at times. By catching them all and delaying them until after the MainWindow has been activated it prevented that interference.

So we won't be going back. I might think about a "dismiss all" button being added but not fixing these warnings can result in errors that could cause problems for Sigil.

Last edited by KevinH; 08-22-2024 at 01:27 PM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2024, 03:37 PM   #62
wildfire070
Enthusiast
wildfire070 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Scribe, Paperwhite // Boox Palma
Thanks for the quick response! That's what I thought but figured I'd ask just to be sure. I'll switch back to the previous version since it worked out for my use case.
wildfire070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:58 AM   #63
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Found a little glitch. Granted, it's caused by my screwup, but it might be an easy fix.

The problem: Select all your xhtml files in book browser. Rename, and type in something that would produce a filename error, such as '.html/' (yes, I have less nimble fingers sometimes and my fingers are moving too fast to catch the error before I hit the enter key...) Sigil correctly admonishes me with an error 'A filename cannot contains [sic] the character "/".' BUT, like an old female horse, it continues to admonish me for EVERY file I had selected....

The possible solution: can you exit the rename loop on the first error instead??
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #64
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes the detection of illegal characters in new file names does not come until quite late in the bulk rename process to better accommodate RegexRename which can generate many different filename pieces derived from the original.

I will duplicate the forbidden character check and add it much earlier in the rename template code and abort out of all renames if any part of the "template" has or uses forbidden characters.

Thanks for your bug report!

Update: I decided it would be best to check the user supplied rename template for forbidden characters and abort the entire rename if there are any issues by adding this routine in RenameSelect() in BookBrowser.cpp:

Code:
    if (!template_name.isEmpty()) {
        // Verify the template name does not have any forbidden chars in the name                                                       
        const QString badchars = "<>:\"/\\|?*";
        bool has_bad_chars = false;
        foreach(QChar ch, template_name) {
            has_bad_chars = has_bad_chars || badchars.contains(ch);
        }
        if (has_bad_chars) {
            Utility::DisplayStdErrorDialog(tr("Filenames can not contain these characters: \"%1\".").arg(badchars));
            return;
        }
    }
That seems to have done the trick for the case you reported. I have now pushed this to master.

Last edited by KevinH; Today at 10:58 AM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #65
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15/11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Awesome! Thank you!!
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote