Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #46
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There is something going on with QT. (W10 C 7.17.100) on 1 of my older PC.
I thought my editor was fully working (the viewer was not),

But I went to use the split icon at the bottom of the Preview. Nope, No green lines (the split point).

Went back to 7.16 on that PC
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:09 AM   #47
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The editor issue makes me wonder if you are having an issue with QT and your graphics driver. Have you updated the driver to the most recent? If so, there are some environment variables that can disable some QT features such as not using the GPU which might be helpful.
I use Sway and Calibre is one of the few Qt apps I use.

I suspect it has to do with the launched subprocess environment.

I made an shell script as an Ace wrapper so it is called from Calibre plugin and I see errors when Node tries to use SSL like if it needed some environment info is not retrieving.

It is a not big deal for me Ace is not working since I already saw with EPUBCheck that half my books don't pass it, which neither is a big deal.

Just interested in see why it doesn't work

I tried to install the official Calibre Gentoo ebuild which is also up-to-date (it was stuck in version 4 and that's why I decided to start using the official version) and brings a Qt update but the compilation is crashing.

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:10 AM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
I use Sway and Calibre is one of the few Qt apps I use.

I suspect it has to do with the launched subprocess environment.

I made an shell script as an Ace wrapper so it is called from Calibre plugin and I see errors when Node tries to use SSL like if it needed some environment info is not retrieving.

It is a not big deal for me Ace is not working since I already saw with EPUBCheck that half my books don't pass it, which neither is a big deal.

Just interested in see why it doesn't work

I tried to install the official Calibre Gentoo ebuild which is also up-to-date (it was stuck in version 4 and that's why I decided to start using the official version) and brings a Qt update but the compilation is crashing.

A Linux repository is like an outhouse. It's full of crap.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:32 AM   #49
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A Linux repository is like an outhouse. It's full of crap.
Well, it is the official one as I wrote

In any case, the official Calibre installation has been running really good for the last 2 years. I update it when it needs to, every 2 weeks, and it works really good.

I don't connect devices to it since I export my files to a folder an synchronize with Rsync so that way my Kobo does not break, although I think it has been fixed.

Last edited by jospalau; Today at 09:34 AM.
Old Today, 01:30 PM   #50
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I don't connect devices to it since I export my files to a folder an synchronize with Rsync so that way my Kobo does not break, although I think it has been fixed.
The issue with the database corruption has indeed been fixed for the issue where the database was not fully closed before the USB connection was enabled.

I did play with compiling calibre on Linux but gave up since the bleeping distributions gave such a dog's breakfast of Python, QT, etc. versions that I ended up having to include the versions used by Kovid Goyal for the official version which meant there was no benefit other than the learning experience.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 01:33 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Well, it is the official one as I wrote

In any case, the official Calibre installation has been running really good for the last 2 years. I update it when it needs to, every 2 weeks, and it works really good.

The database issue has been fixed. Files are no longer left open. You need to have the latest firmware.

Also, by using calibre to put your books on your Kobo, you can have the full metadata and you can use Kobo Utilities to back up the database and store reading positions and Reading List to auto-send the books you want to your Kobo and to keep track of what books are on your Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:00 PM   #52
jospalau
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The database issue has been fixed. Files are no longer left open. You need to have the latest firmware.

Also, by using calibre to put your books on your Kobo, you can have the full metadata and you can use Kobo Utilities to back up the database and store reading positions and Reading List to auto-send the books you want to your Kobo and to keep track of what books are on your Kobo.
The only device I connect to Calibre is the PocketBook Era just to have the metadata file so I can sync it to Kobo devices after converting internal paths.

So it is valid for all my devices.

Rsync mirrors all books one way so what it is in the server is in any device when syncing. That way I know I have the same books in any device. Quicker than connecting/disconnecting and quirks than can happen like the database issue (now solved)

Old Today, 06:37 PM   #53
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I installed and tried the plugin today. It works really good with EpubCheck which is enough for me, thanks. But unfortunately not with Ace. Same error as commented previously.

I use Gentoo and Ace runs fine from the command line. It seems Node is crashing for some reason when executed from the plugin, not sure why.
I tested it under Ubuntu a long time ago and it worked just fine. Never tried other distros.
The FileNotFoundError generally means that ACE failed to create the report. It can happen for a few reasons:

1) Do you have writing permissions to the folder chosen? Does the EPUBCheck option work in this same folder?
2) Have you tried updating Node.Js to the latest version?
3) Is Node in your path? That may solve the problem.

Last edited by thiago.eec; Today at 06:39 PM.
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote