Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 04:09 PM   #1
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nexus 7
Connect to computer issues

When I use a cable to connect my new Libra 2 to my notebook, it takes a while for the connection screen to pop up and sometimes it takes unplugging and re-plugging a few times.

Is this normal? Should I be trying more cables (I've never had a problem with the ones I tried)? Something else?
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
When I use a cable to connect my new Libra 2 to my notebook, it takes a while for the connection screen to pop up and sometimes it takes unplugging and re-plugging a few times.

Is this normal? Should I be trying more cables (I've never had a problem with the ones I tried)? Something else?
I've noticed a similar issue with some USB cables and ports. If it is the cable, I tie in a pretty bow and dump it in the electronics recycling bin. If it is the port, I check for any updates and if none available, I've done things like attaching a powered USB port extender which works more often than not since fairly often the issue is the port is unable to supply the minimum power (5V/500mA) needed. On my old laptop, the maximum the USB A ports could supply while maintaining a 5V output was 380mA. By the time, I was drawing 500mA, the output voltage had dropped to 4.45V which is well out of spec (5V +/- 5% so 4.75-5.25V).

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 04:38 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:10 PM   #3
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've noticed a similar issue with some USB cables and ports. If it is the cable, I tie in a pretty bow and dump it in the electronics recycling bin. If it is the port, I check for any updates and if none available, I've done things like attaching a powered USB port extender which works more often than not since fairly often the issue is the port is unable to supply the minimum power (5V/500mA) needed. On my old laptop, the maximum the USB A ports could supply while maintaining a 5V output was 380mA. By the time, I was drawing 500mA, the output voltage had dropped to 4.45V which is well out of spec (5V +/- 5% so 4.75-5.25V).
Aha! It seems to have been the port. I have two USB-C ports. The one I use to charge the notebook worked almost immediately.

Not something I would have thought of, especially since the other port works fine for charging and transferring data with many other devices.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote