Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-08-2024, 11:58 AM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
@DNSB has recently written a .bat file to prevent kindle pc updating as 2.41 doesn’t play with calibre.
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=361503&page=6 Post #84, or the first post in that thread.
Thanks!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:27 AM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I ran into this problem (DRM removal didn't work with 2.4.1 auto update). I reinstalled 2.4.0 and now DRM can be removed.

I also had other problems with 2.4.1. It would download a book, but when I went to read it I got an error.

Any ideas if the DRM removal fail is an intentional act by Amazon?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:29 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I ran into this problem (DRM removal didn't work with 2.4.1 auto update). I reinstalled 2.4.0 and now DRM can be removed.

I also had other problems with 2.4.1. It would download a book, but when I went to read it I got an error.

Why would it not be intentional by Amazon?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:39 AM   #19
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe you are unfamiliar with computers/software, but bugs happen. I had multiple errors reading a book published pre-2024 using the updated Kindle for PC.
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Used to be, stores competed by being 'better' at what floated your boat.
Now the build higher walls or get the politicians to make laws that favor their goods or services.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I would say that it is an intentional act. Given Amazon's past history with updating their DRM schemes and that K4PC 2.4.1 is able to open and read the books, it's hard to see any other answer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:41 PM   #22
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would say that it is an intentional act. Given Amazon's past history with updating their DRM schemes and that K4PC 2.4.1 is able to open and read the books, it's hard to see any other answer.
I've had trouble reading the last 2 books with Kindle for PC. It may be intentional, but they seem to be throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Old Today, 01:31 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I've had trouble reading the last 2 books with Kindle for PC. It may be intentional, but they seem to be throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Nope! It is the modern generation way of thinking. If I can't have it ALL, neither can you.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it’s worth, I updated K4PC in a virtual machine to 2.4.1 and found several books that would not open. Removing the download and re-downloading the file allowed me to open the book again.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:16 PM   #25
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For what it’s worth, I updated K4PC in a virtual machine to 2.4.1 and found several books that would not open. Removing the download and re-downloading the file allowed me to open the book again.
I was able to read them, but it took multiple tries of remove download and re-download. I also mixed in downloading to another device.

Tags
conversion, drm, kfx-zip