Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Today, 03:36 AM   #44146
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Again looking into which NAS I want to get for my Plex server. In a couple of weeks my desk will be delivered and put together, so I can finally get my office/craft space sorted out and one of the things I really want is to have a dedicated NAS server. I now run it off my laptop, which has goes to sleep after a while, so I need to keep it awake. Which is a small annoyance when the laptop is on the same floor but if I have to go up two stairs regularly if we have movie night it's annoying (in Windows setting I turned off sleep, but it still goes into sleep mode, which is most likely a graphics card setting, but I can't find where to change it).

I've now asked my computer store for help, hopefully they can narrow down which NAS will be best for me.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #44147
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
There have been serveral “ jiggle the cursor” apps, so a machine looks busy. They might serve to keep it awake, too.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:21 PM   #44148
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
There have been several “ jiggle the cursor” apps, so a machine looks busy. They might serve to keep it awake, too.
One friend of mine just watched 3 of their co-workers being fired for using that type of app while working from home on work supplied devices. He warned them that IT could monitor the use of apps on their work computers since the two of us had dug into the install on his computer to look at the AktivTrak monitoring software. Admittedly, taking the SSD out and mounting it as an external drive on a second computer is not something that most people would do but it did let us get a good look at what was there.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?