Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Today, 03:02 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
KoboTouch driver & SeriesID

On Kobo devices, the SeriesID field in the content table determines which books appears in each series. However, some publishers (Pocket Books, cough) tend to split up series for no good reason.... hence, I end up with more than a half-dozen "Star Trek: The Original Series" entries on the device's Series page.

Also, this affects other series where you get some books from the Kobo store, but others are sideloaded. The SeriesID for the sideloaded books are set to the series name, but the Kobo-loaded are a GUID.

other people not on this site also noticed the issue.

As per this thread, I find out changing the SeriesID to merge them together fixes it. Except that syncing with the Kobo server sometimes resets the Kobo store books back to the original SerieIDs, plus you need to do it every time adding a new book.

So, my thought: Could the KoboTouch driver be modified to set the SeriesID to the series name during automatic metadata management? It would certainly be easier than running an SQLite query every time i notice the series split again.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote