Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 04:10 AM   #1
AnnieQuinn
AnnieQuinn began at the beginning.

Device: PC
How to store and protect the library?

Hello, I know there may have been many similar questions and have been answered many times. But let me ask again.

I have read a few topics, many people have said that syncing libraries to the cloud (onedrive, gg drive...) is an absolute no-no, because it will easily damage the library.

But if it's not synchronized, I'm afraid that one day the computer suddenly crashes and everything will be lost.

Currently, I am archiving manually: every few days, I copy the library folder to cloud storage, while the original library continues to be used and newly added.

Do you have a more optimal way that you are using and can you share with me?
I'm a reader who's not too good with technology. So please forgive me if my question is not very profound.
Thanks for reading.
AnnieQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:17 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Keeping a backup copy in a cloud is perfectly ok, as long as it's not Google Drive (incompatible with the library structure). Keeping an active library in a cloud is not recommended.

You can use FreeFileSync (mirror mode only, not two-way) to update your cloud copy. This way there's no need to copy the whole library every time you make changes. FreeFileSync only updates the files that have been changed.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:26 AM   #3
AnnieQuinn
AnnieQuinn began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Keeping a backup copy in a cloud is perfectly ok, as long as it's not Google Drive (incompatible with the library structure). Keeping an active library in a cloud is not recommended.

You can use FreeFileSync (mirror mode only, not two-way) to update your cloud copy. This way there's no need to copy the whole library every time you make changes. FreeFileSync only updates the files that have been changed.
Thank you very much, I will refer and apply it to my library.
AnnieQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote