Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2024, 10:07 AM   #151
lumping-sugar66
Connoisseur
lumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
That's strange.
I have foot pedals, keyboards and clickers and I never touch a power switch.
I just hit some key and within two seconds it connects.
Ok, I'm on Android, I have my own popup that shows BT appearing and disappearing.
Does the Kobo give you any indication that something connected?
No, it does not. And I know what you're referring to. I have other devices that connect automatically but not the 8bitdo.
lumping-sugar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #152
bohn
bohn began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:

Huh? I just leave Bluetooth on all the time.
How to do this though? If I enable Bluetooth in the settings, my device (logitech r500s) instantly works, I can turn pages no problem. But after a few mins or so bluetooth just turns off again. If I have used the page turner in that time, it remains on.. but after being idle for a few mins it disables itself.

How am I meant to keep it on? (aside from forcing wifi to remain on all the time which does keep bluetooth running).

Last edited by bohn; Yesterday at 09:54 PM.
bohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:21 AM   #153
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohn View Post
How am I meant to keep it on?
Is it the BT in the reader that is sleeping or is it the remote?
When I used cheapy remotes like selfie clickers they slept in 60 seconds.
Since I program my own now, I set them to sleep after five minutes.
If I space out on a page and my clicker sleeps, I can reconnect with any key.
That key doesn't get actually received but the next one does.

Bluetooth LE (low energy) is designed to be energy sparing. There's no need for it to sleep. I'm a heavy reader and I get 6 months out of a 2032 battery.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:35 AM   #154
bohn

Quote:
Is it the BT in the reader that is sleeping or is it the remote?
It's the BT in the reader. If I go back into settings -> bluetooth it's off.

I think even in earlier pages in this thread people did complain about bluetooth turning off, .. I can 'force wifi' to be on in developer settings but I'd prefer it stay on without that so as not to drain the battery even further.

So your bluetooth setting just remains on all the time without any modifications to configs etc?

If I read constantly , it will work. But as soon as I let it idle for about 2mins approx it goes off.

edit: just did a test, timer on for 3mins, and it had stopped working (bt was off in the settings). Which firmware are you on? I am on the 4.38.23038 libra 2

Last edited by bohn; Today at 07:03 AM.
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #155
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
No, I'm not on Kobo.
But I've never heard of an OS that turns off Bluetooth reception by itself.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:27 AM   #156
bohn

Quote:
No, I'm not on Kobo.
But I've never heard of an OS that turns off Bluetooth reception by itself.
Ah. Yeah I have read that a few people have had this issue. From what I have read, I think the Kobo has bluetooth for audiobooks, and if there is no audiobook playing it then turns itself off. Unless Wifi is forced on.